C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hallteck cold air induction kit to go with my stinger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:36 PM
UNKNOWN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default Hallteck cold air induction kit to go with my stinger?

I still have the stinger in the box? (not yet installed)

Is the new Halltech cold air induction kit a worthy addition as well?

Should I go for both, neither or just stinger?

What can I expect in hp with both?

Is this stuff wothwhile or just a hoax?

Last edited by UNKNOWN; 11-22-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:45 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We data logged my car and then CBRF's car. CBRF had the Halltech cold air mod and the inlet air temps to the engine were almost 20 degrees cooler! However, he did not buy the shroud from Halltech, he pulled out his and modified it the same as the Halltech. He even put in the screens.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:59 PM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

save your money, either way you have to pull that piece out, just mod the one that you have, or if you don't have the time just drill some holes in the area, it is easy 5 minutes job.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:42 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrf4i1
save your money, either way you have to pull that piece out, just mod the one that you have, or if you don't have the time just drill some holes in the area, it is easy 5 minutes job.

You are right Mr.CBRf, one can simply cut a hole(s) on the shroud and turn over your filters for filtration and call it a day. However, it does not work quite the same as a true ram air set up and this is why:

The cavity found in front of the radiator/shroud area is a high pressure area that gets plenty of air once a C6 rolls down the road. The Air-Charger, Vararam, BPP and Callaway cai kits all provide a format for your Vette to suck in more air and thus produce more power.

Of all the CAI kits for the C6 Corvette out there, the Air-Charger and the Vararam are the only two that gives its owner the opportunity to suck incoming air and not the hot air that floats from around the radiator cavity.

The thing about the Air-Charger is that it sits higher on the vehicle (right below the bumper frame behind the grill mesh). while the Vararam sits lower and thus increasing the chance of water ingestion. All of the CAI kits are great quality units, and they all they WORK! The biggest question is, which one gives you the biggest bang for the bucks? And which one is the easiest to install?

Check out: Halltech web site, Vette Doctor Website and 21st Century musclecars site for product information. Many C6 Corvettes owner have seen great results by combining the Air-Charger and the Halltech Stinger filter with out breaking thier pockets. The Z06 owners have seem similar success when combining the Air-Charger and the F1 Halltech filter although further testing are now being conducted on this particular (Z06) combo.

Just food for thought.

Last edited by Myhardtop; 11-24-2006 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:46 AM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

the original poster wasn't referring to the halltech air charger, he was asking about the halltech cai (i think since he say cold air induction, instead of air charger) i was simply posting if one were to cut the piece on each side of the front grill area, you can get ambient air into the engine compartment...this air isn't by the radiator, if someone doesn't mind cutting the shroud, then by all mean. if would be interesting to see a picture of halltech air charger on a car.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:30 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

the original poster wasn't referring to the halltech air charger, he was asking about the halltech cai (i think since he say cold air induction, instead of air charger) i was simply posting if one were to cut the piece on each side of the front grill area, you can get ambient air into the engine compartment...this air isn't by the radiator, if someone doesn't mind cutting the shroud, then by all mean. if would be interesting to see a picture of halltech air charger on a car.
Sorry brotha, if I came a little off base

If you want to see a picture or how it is installed, please visit the vette doctors website. It was installed on a C6 Z06, but it's the same procedure for the standard C6 Corvette.

The Halltech filter goes well with this CAI kit because it sits right on top of the opening and air shoots straight into the nice Stinger filtration filter.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:09 PM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

can you kindly provide a link? i couldn't find it on that website. thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 10:11 AM
UNKNOWN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Myhardtop

If you want to see a picture or how it is installed, please visit the vette doctors website. It was installed on a C6 Z06, but it's the same procedure for the standard C6 Corvette.

The Halltech filter goes well with this CAI kit because it sits right on top of the opening and air shoots straight into the nice Stinger filtration filter.

Thanks.

ttt
Old 11-26-2006, 12:42 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

can you kindly provide a link? i couldn't find it on that website. thanks
Sure. Here it is: http://www.thevettedoctors.com/ and goto: http://www.thevettedoctors.com/airchargerinstall.shtml

Also visit: http://www.corvettec5.com/store

Hope this helps

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:04 PM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

thank you, i went to www.vettedoctor.com, that was my problem. i like this air charger, the shroud is still seal off after the cut.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 AM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

CBRF, why don't you come by and drop my shroud for me either Monday or Tuesday after work so I can see how much of a change it is this Friday night.

Also, bring by your plexiglas deflectors, you don't need them any more.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 AM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

How do you remove the grill? I really like the Air Charger. I just hate to pay $300 for a piece of plastic worth about $50.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:54 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

thank you, i went to www.vettedoctor.com, that was my problem. i like this air charger, the shroud is still seal off after the cut.
You got it amigo. I hope to see more and more C6 guys try it out!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:24 AM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

Originally Posted by glennhl
CBRF, why don't you come by and drop my shroud for me either Monday or Tuesday after work so I can see how much of a change it is this Friday night.

Also, bring by your plexiglas deflectors, you don't need them any more.

i can swing by tuesday after you get off work, but i still need my plexiglass deflectors, since the air ducts doesn't cover up the entire holes on both sides. maybe we can data log your car before and after at the same time. let me know.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 AM
AndysZ
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks.
I looked at the video and it looks like the air filter locks onto the air charger, where as the stinger looks like it would just sit above the opening and not provide a sealed forced air setup. The reason I'm curious is that I've already installed the K&N filter and would like to use it as opposed to buying the stinger, but again, this wouldn't be a sealed unit like the VararRam ? Thank you...Andy
Old 11-27-2006, 01:14 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by glennhl
How do you remove the grill? I really like the Air Charger. I just hate to pay $300 for a piece of plastic worth about $50.

It's easy, only 10 plastic push in clips holds it place. However, many guys don't even bother with that, they just snake from under the bumper. Be on the look out for a special pricing

Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Folks, allow me to further explain myself. I started the Air-Charger CAI kit about a year ago, and, like you, I am an enthusiast who wanted more out of my investment. I purchased a 2006 Z06, and shortly after, I realized that this potent little mill needed some additional method for breathing thus; the Air-Charger was created.

I and two other individuals invested plenty of time and money (mainly me) to make this CAI kit possible for the public. Shortly after we all realized the cost of doing a venture like this, my partners decided to give up the pursuit of this business endeavor and that is how I assumed total ownership and risk. As of now, my wife and I are the sole owners of Air-Charger.

I met and talked to many C6 owners and realized that the standard C6 was even more restrictive than the new Z06! We tested the Air-Charger with different air filtrations and found that the Halltech Stinger was the hottest ticket. My very first C6 customer, Alex (Silver C6 seen on Pinks All Out), was kind enough to allow us to test and test over a period of three months; our efforts netted some outstanding results. In fact, please feel free to contact LG Motorsports where Alex does most of his automotive business and dyno testing. They can attest that his Vette is one of the highest dynoing and hardest running A4’s they have ever seen!

Now, I am not going to tell you that the Air-Charger is the highest, most powerful CAI kit out there; I think all CAI kits for the C6 and Z06 are a great addition to improve performance. I feel very fortunate to at least have a chance to be a player in this very tough market. I CAN tell you guys that most of the fastest C6 Z06’s and standard C6’s are sporting the Air-Charger, Halltech filters and/or a combination of both…just look or ask around…is this a coincidence? Who knows?

If you are interested, the Air-Charger can be purchased through Halltech Systems, 21st Century Musclecars, and The Vette Doctors. I am currently working on a few other forum vendors for greater and faster distribution.

If you would like more information, please check out the December 2006 issue of “Vette Magazine” and the September 2006 issue of “Corvette Magazine”. Both publications tested the Air-Charger with positive results. Further publications are currently in the works!

Also, be on the lookout for an upcoming Christmas special. The pricing will be HARD to beat…I promise!!

Thanks,
Carlos

Get notified of new replies

To Hallteck cold air induction kit to go with my stinger?

Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
AndysZ
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09

Carlos, I sent you an email...Andy
Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

It's easy, only 10 plastic push in clips holds it place. However, many guys don't even bother with that, they just snake from under the bumper. Be on the look out for a special pricing

Thanks
I think the Vette Doctors are fantastic. It's just that most intakes run between $300 and $400 and they have a lot more than a scoop. If the scoop cost below $100 I would jump on it.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:14 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AndysZ
Carlos, I sent you an email...Andy
Sorry Andy, I did not get an email...not yet!

Quick Reply: Hallteck cold air induction kit to go with my stinger?