C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate control flipping out

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:51 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 659 Likes on 477 Posts

Default Climate control flipping out

Sometimes the display on my C6 climate control appears "off" (displays external temperature only) even when the system is on and otherwise responsive to control inputs. I can, for example, adjust the temperature ***** and the air temperature will change -- I just have no idea what I've set it to.

And sometimes, during these episodes, bizarre characters will appear on the display.

It's an intermittent problem so I'm even less enthusiastic about taking it to a dealer than I would otherwise be. It's likely a loose connector, but I'm curious if it has happened to anybody else, and what the diagnosis was.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 AM
c6g2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had similar issues where my climate control system (2005~MN6) will be on & just completely turn off after being set or turn on when completey shut down. Kind of wierd like it's somewhat possessed. It does not happen very often but it does happen. I have not taken it to the dealer for the same reason you stated. For now I'm ok with it since it does not happen very often.
Sorry I did not help you any, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this exprience.
I too would be interested if anyone else has experiences this & has come up with a resolution.

Glenn
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 PM
codename Bil Doe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has yours ever tried to battle you? I have an 07 and I've noticed every once in a long while it tries to be sly and turn on the a/c when I want it off or switches to feet only instead of feet and face. I think it's just ****ing with me cuz it thinks it's funny, but it's happened 2-3 times so i'm not crazy.

Get notified of new replies

To Climate control flipping out

Quick Reply: Climate control flipping out