C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chicagoland/nw indiana paint recommendation PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:55 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default chicagoland/nw indiana paint recommendation PLEASE

I am getting the caravaggio vert z06 quarters, and the gm front fenders z06 and bumper for widebody conversion. I want to take the parts to a GOOD bodyshop for paint. The car is black which I think should be easy to match, am I right? How many coats of clear/color do you guys think is necessary. It is SO hard to get good paintwork. Any suggestions appreciated. Also any place you can recommend for the clear plastic they put on bumper and lower body to protect from rock chips, how long after paint do you have to wait before installing that stuff and does that stuff ruin your paint (cause clouding over time) because the paint doesn't breathe?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:39 PM
oneblackvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to know too who is good for paint...........Who are you buying your parts from?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default anyone...

I am getting my rear quarters from caravaggio and the front fenders, bumper, etc from gene culley or fred beans, wherever I can get the best deal. So far Gene Culley wants 4k including shipping for everything except rear quarters (I still need the rear parts like liners ducts etc because the caravaggio rears don't come with it) Both of those guys are listed on this forum selling gm parts good luck, are you doing the widebody conversion also?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 AM
oneblackvette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my dad's coupe last weekend with parts from CFL forum sponcer. Turned out very nice. Now I want my ragtop done. Are you getting the quarters directly from Caravaggio and if so what is the cost? The liners and flaps needed to do the rears without brake scopes are only $200

Doing just the rears took me 2 hour start to stop. really easy process.

Get notified of new replies

To chicagoland/nw indiana paint recommendation PLEASE

Quick Reply: chicagoland/nw indiana paint recommendation PLEASE