C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech installed by Doug Rippie Motorsports!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:56 PM
jnel04
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Vortech installed by Doug Rippie Motorsports! [PICS and Numbers]

My dad's words, I'm just posting for him:

For sometime I'd been contemplating doing some mods, heads/cam, bolt-ons, to my MN6 Z51 and finally decided to have Doug, Randy and rest of the crew at Doug Rippie Motorsports in Buffalo, MN install the A&A Vortech SQ supercharger and a stage III RPS clutch and flywheel.

My son and I were going to take our annual road trip and DRM prioritized my project so my son and I could take the trip during the only time window available to us. Our experience with DRM has been great and I would highly recommend them to anyone. The last time I stopped in the shop there were Vettes there from Maryland, Louisiana, Florida and, of course, Minnesota. Before I left Buffalo to pick up my son in Des Moines Randy and Doug gave me their cell phone numbers so I could give them a call if I ever had any questions.

My son has a lead foot and I swear the boost gauge never dropped below 5 pounds while he was driving. The first night we drove from Des Moines, Iowa to Estes Park, Colorado. Late in the evening we notices a squeal from the supercharger and we gave Doug Rippie a call...at 11pm. He assured us it was a belt squeal, told us not to worry about it, explained how to minimize the noise, and said he'd replace the belt when we returned.

Doug did as he said and the car dynoed out at a shade over 506 RWHP and 472 RWTQ. It is blast to drive and if I, or my wife, just want to drive like respectable people it still turns in about 29 MPG. Just the tune alone makes it perform much better than stock.

The supercharger endured a 3600 mile trip with single day elevation changes of more than 10,000 feet without missing a beat. All in all the supercharger and DRM are both amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have work done on their car.

Last edited by jnel04; 07-08-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:12 PM
C6 Doberman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:18 PM
0SicMSP - Daniel
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet Ride!

Get notified of new replies

To Vortech installed by Doug Rippie Motorsports!

Quick Reply: Vortech installed by Doug Rippie Motorsports!