C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AM having dealer check tansmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
COALMINER,KY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AM having dealer check tansmission

I am having a local dealer fix a rear differential leak, and check the transmission. Sometimes when you try to shift from second to third, it will hang and cause you to miss third. My question is should i return the computor to stock with my diablo sport before i take the car in? I wouldnt think anything i am having them do would require them to go into the computor, but who knows.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:25 PM
COALMINER,KY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on guys, somebody give me a reply.........
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I would return it to stock but if the tech is really interested he can tell you had a tune even it you do return it. Where is the diff leaking? Sometimes the leak just turns out to be excess fluid coming out the breather. It is on top of the diff, drivers side. Mine was damp around that area. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd has been a driver problem in many cases. Check out the shifter and note moving slowly from 2nd to 3rd and how the lever moves almost straight up to 3rd. Some force it while speed shifting and miss.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4LES
Shifting from 2nd to 3rd has been a driver problem in many cases. Check out the shifter and note moving slowly from 2nd to 3rd and how the lever moves almost straight up to 3rd. Some force it while speed shifting and miss.
Hand (and more importantly, the thumb) position are critical for a fast positive shift. Check Ranger's technique on here somewhere.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY
Hand (and more importantly, the thumb) position are critical for a fast positive shift. Check Ranger's technique on here somewhere.
Here is my write-up on How to Improve Your Shifting. Hand position on the shifter is crucial to shift accuracy and reliability.

Ranger

Get notified of new replies

To AM having dealer check tansmission

Quick Reply: AM having dealer check tansmission