C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

info wanted on WCC X PIPE-NEW 235.00!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 03:39 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default info wanted on WCC X PIPE-NEW 235.00!!

Hit the link for my question on this.Thanks.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'19

Jesse, here's what I posted sometime back on the WCC x-pipe:

"There's been a lot of conflicting info presented about the sound level effect of adding an x-pipe. My experience has been that an x-pipe will quite noticeably reduce both overall interior sound level and also the amount of drone.

The type of x-pipe that I'm using, however, may be the reason for the sound reduction. I have a WCC x-pipe on my C6. It uses a stamped sheet metal "box" for the x-portion of the pipe instead of just bringing two exhaust pipes together and cutting an opening between them. Zoomers and particularly Bassani use similar construction for their x-pipes."

I think ferritic stainless is generally considered lower quality that T-304, but, at least according to WCC, it may be better for this application.

My local shop handles Bassani products, among many others, and told me that they had seen some info in the past that indicated this type of x-pipe did slightly better on higher rpm power than the siamesed pipes do. (Of course, we're probably talking about a whopping 4hp instead of 3hp.)

I have no complaints about the pipe on my car, and the price is definitely more in line with the hardware you're buying.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:54 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

So,will this be a good thing with my BASSANI EXHAUST??I don't care about noise and all that, as My BASSANI'S are totally drone free,and I love the popping sound the exhaust makes on downshift!!!I get x pipes because I hear they flow better which in turn may add a little power,and for the physcological (sp.?) effect!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:49 AM
lawyer2b
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the addition of an X-pipe, you will lose most of the "popping" sound you so enjoy.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

With the addition of an X-pipe, you will lose most of the "popping" sound you so enjoy.
Is it freer flowing than the H PIPE,at least?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:09 PM
ErnieD
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'19

Originally Posted by jesse12804
Is it freer flowing than the H PIPE,at least?
An x-pipe is generally considered to flow a bit better than an h-pipe (some debate over that, though), but there's just not much to be gained in the way of increased power from the info I've been able to locate -- a few hp max, perhaps.

Get notified of new replies

To info wanted on WCC X PIPE-NEW 235.00!!

Quick Reply: info wanted on WCC X PIPE-NEW 235.00!!