C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust! Borla or B&B

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

I like my Zoomers.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 PM
nomad420
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redrokit8
I believe Borla makes them for GM. Sound for GM Off Road is pretty much the same as Stingers. The GM system has clamp on / bolt on tips. They are not welded on like the Borlas. To some people the clamps take away from the appearance.
Bill was nice enough to put my sound-clip search to rest. He fired up the Stingers and took me for a ride! The sound clips weren't too far off, but obviously better in person. Thanks again Bill, the Stingers sound and look great!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:36 PM
oldasdirt78
Intermediate

Borla Stingers are hands down the best sounding out there.

Try BorlaParts.com they gave me a great deal and it only took 2 days to reach me.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:16 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zare191
I had Corsa Sports on for a week

Too quiet at idle, no muscle car sound, huge ugly cans, and more weight than the stock system. Outside of that, they were great!
I dont see anything great about them since you say all that!

Especially that they are heavier...
Old 08-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redline_ken
Just installed a GM Performance Offroad system today (Meineke Muffler did it for $80) and they have the roar that I want. Reminds me of my old '66 big block! I'm told that they are equal to the Borla Stinger II (2 stacked mufflers together). And the BIG stainless polished tips with the Corvette flags on them look great.

Love the sound!!!

Originally Posted by redrokit8
I believe Borla makes them for GM. Sound for GM Off Road is pretty much the same as Stingers. The GM system has clamp on / bolt on tips. They are not welded on like the Borlas. To some people the clamps take away from the appearance.
You can actually tighten the clamps to hide behind the tips.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Supervette83
Advanced

Go Corsa - Xtreme ! As loud as B&B but way more refined . and there is hardly any drone unlike the B&B which sound like a boat under water when in Idle !
Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Supervette83
Advanced

Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Fran F.
Instructor

Figured I would put in my 2cents worth. I go along with those that say it is in the ear of the beholder. When you think about it, it's the same as music, reading , movies, chicks, anything. Best to listen to them yourself to make sure. I happen to have heard a Vette with Corsa Sports and yes.... Nirvana!!! Now have Kooks headers, Hi-flow cats and Corsa Sports and the wife is actually crazy about it. It feels and sounds like I'm in a race car whenever I get in it! BUT, I am not even coming close to telling you that your choice is wrong. You get what you want and you'll be happy. Oh yeh, just in case, check it out with your sqeeze first, LOL! In any event have fun and good luck.
Fran
Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 494 Likes on 265 Posts

Do a search under THreads I've started.

I have had in this order:

B&B Bullets on a 2005 Vert A4/3.15
Magnaflow #15884 on the 2005 Vert A4/3.15
Corsa Sports on a 2006 coupe manual
Corsa Sports and Headers on a 2006 coupe manual
Corsa Sports on a 2007 coupe A6
Corsa Sports on a 2006 Vert manual
BORLA STINGERS #11744s on a 2006 C6 Vert manual

BY FAR my favorite exhaust is the BORLAS.
They are LOUD when briskly accelerating, decently audible at normal acceleration, and fairly quiet at cruise.
Their sound is BEAUTIFUL and MUSCULAR at the same time.

B&B Bullets will make you go deaf
Corsa Sports and Magnaflows are too tame.

Borlas are closer to Bullets when accelerating and closer to Magnaflows at cruise. They are the PERFECT middle ground.

Hope this helps,

Howard

BTW, on my new 2007 Z06 I pulled the exhaust fuse and LOVE the sound. If the NPP sounds like this on the 08 C6s it will be a nice option for those wanting to stay stock.
However, it does drone a bit with the fuse pulled, but completely stock it was too quiet.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I have owned in this order the following exhaust system:

1. B&B Rte 66
2. B&B Bullets
3. Borla Sports (aka Stingers)

To my ear the Borla's are/were the best mix of tone and looks.

I rate them this way (10 being the best) over the OEM system

B&B Rte 66 an 4
B&B Bullets an 6
Borla Sports an 8

Of course your tastes may be different so take our responses with a grain of salt and don't buy ANY aftermarket exhaust system until you hear them for your self under every possible driving condition. Else you make the same mistake I made and pissing away hundreds of $$$ trying to find the right exhaust.

Good luck

Tom
Old 08-25-2007, 10:01 AM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bullet PRT is another option. Do a LOT of research. Even if you get to ride in a car with an exhaust you're interested in it's another story to take a long trip with a particular system.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 PM
connyv
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had Borla cats in my 01 coupe, souds great, like a muscle car.
I had B&B on my 03 Z06, that is LOUD and MEAN.
I will have B&B on my 05coupe as well.
Depending on what you are looking for and your taste.
I like people to turn thier hads when driving on the street and say was that a racing/muscle car? So, I decided to go for B&B, the best mean, load sound ever.
Be aware that with B&B the car is loud, even with the top on and windows closed, you could hear the mean sound from inside!
That would go great if you would have some upgrades to your system, like supercharger, headers, etc....
Again, different people different tastes, I personally like B&B, my wife doesn't like neither....
Good luck
Old 08-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,082 Likes on 598 Posts

I had B&B's on my 99 and then later put GHL's on it.Your question was regarding these two, B&B' & Borla's, not every other brand to confuse you more! Both were excellent. However, I specifically went to Carlisle to see, and hear both the B&B's (Rt66 & PRT) & Borla's (Touring & stingers) to put on my 06. I will tell you my impressions. Overall, they both are of excellent quality. All the B&B's however do have nicer tips. No question about that. But, this may be a little thing, the point that impressed me the most was that the venders were installing both of them plus other makes ,which don't even approach the nice muscle car sound these manufactures have, and, when they put on the Borla Stingers (which to me sounded great although a bit more echo than the B&B's) they were STRAIGHT & LEVEL !! The installers didn't have to mess around & try to get them even. All the others, took quite a bit longer to try to have the tips even. Plus they were still not level! This drives me nuts! They both sounded great & all depending on price I've narrowed it down to both these guys too. But, if you're going to install them yourself, the easiest was by far the Borlas.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Supervette83
Advanced

Go Corsa - Xtreme you wont be sorry !
Old 08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Wilddr805
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default B & B Fusion!!! For Z06 06

Seems many here know their pipes....I am looking into running the B & B Fusions as they are the only pipe that uses a valves system to be loud of quiet. Anybody have an luck with these and are they loud when opened? I am looking into a set. I hear the Kooks stepped headers makes the factory exhaust really loud.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I just posted a thread in the general section with a comparison for some of the exhausts.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...9&goto=newpost
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
welcome2try
Safety Car

Location: Objects in your mirror are losing , Long Island, NY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Fact..B&B bullets loudest cat back exhaust and that muscle sound. Corsas or Borla stingers couldn't hold a candle to the B&B bullets..And BTW, fit, finish and quality of the bullets is amazing..

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust! Borla or B&B

Old 08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Supervette83
Advanced

Originally Posted by welcome2try
Fact..B&B bullets loudest cat back exhaust and that muscle sound. Corsas or Borla stingers couldn't hold a candle to the B&B bullets..And BTW, fit, finish and quality of the bullets is amazing..
Yea it's the best if you like your vette to sound like a motor boat ! LOL
Old 08-26-2007, 12:24 AM
zare191
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by welcome2try

FACT: "loudest" doesn't mean livable on a daily basis.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:49 PM
oldasdirt78
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iridelow

That color is amazing

Quick Reply: Exhaust! Borla or B&B