C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DR dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
greentank
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DR dilemma

I'm currently looking into getting DRs for my C6 vert. I'll eventually (like in a year or so) do a widebody conversion, so I really don't want to spend much $$ on wheels that will be obsolete in a year. I think my options are as follows:

1: Two rear 17" x 11" CCWs and DRs. Pros: Correct fit for my car, lightweight. Cons: Dont match my current wheels, expensive, will be obsolete for me in a year.

2: Two rear 17" or 18" x 12" Z06 offset forgeline wheels & DRs, and live with them sticking out when I go to the track. Pros: lets me buy the wheels I really want, will work with my car after the widebody, lightweight. Cons: Rear tires and wheels will stick out of fenders, $$.

3: Two rear 17" x 11" replica C6 wheels and DRs. Pros: Will match my current wheels. Cons: heavy, probably impossible to sell when I go widebody.

I'm tempted to do #2, but I'm afraid they'll look dumb sticking out of the fenders. Anybody solved this dilemma before?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 AM
06C6FVR
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are just using them for the track, who really cares if they match and why would any wheels be obsolete after the widebody? I have a set of C5 Z06 chrome replicas with 17" 315 35 17 BFG drag radials on them that I used on my 06 C6 (yes they stuck out, but for the track, i really didnt care), and I pulled a 1.7 60' on them. I am willin to part with them for $400 for the set, tires and rims (plus shipping if not in the houston area) They fit and work just fine. They do not have sensors, but when you put your regular rims back on, they work fine. You just have to turn off traction control when driving, or the car thinks the wheels are spinning when they actually arent.

(how about that for cheap...I paid around $800 for the set new...they have about 20 passes on the tires, same for the rims...no scratches, no nicks, nada...nearly brand new)

Daren

PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: DR dilemma