C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone run an off-road x pipe through the stock cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Does anyone run an off-road x pipe through the stock cat back exhaust?

I have a dedicated track Z06 and want some more flow and sound, but have no interest in paying $1000 for a worthless cat back. I am thinking it will be as loud as say a Borla Stinger with just a simple off-road pipe.

Again, no environmental flames, this is for track use only.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Evilways
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up until recently I ran LG longtubes and midpipe through the stock exhaust. Sounded pretty good, but a little too exotic for me(sounded like a Ferrari, but if that's your taste...). I didn't go for the aftermarket exhaust for HP gains, but rather sound and weight loss. The one I got was 17lbs lighter than stock and now the vette has a really nice growl. I may have picked up 3-5 ponies, but thats barely noticable. I'd say, if for track use only,run it through the stockers. It'll look more like stock and be a little quieter than some aftermarkets, but the sound will be pretty nice and more noticable than if it was stock.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

That is what I am thinking...exotic sound and peformance for $100 instead of $1000.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Black02SS
Racer

I have headers and a decent cam in mine with stock catback. I don't ever see me going to anything else. To me it just isn't worth the cost. I love mine.

Example of how it sounds at the track.

www.2quik4u.com/Media/Track.mpg

Last edited by Black02SS; 10-19-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone run an off-road x pipe through the stock cat back exhaust?

Quick Reply: Does anyone run an off-road x pipe through the stock cat back exhaust?