C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corse Sports vs. Borla Stingers-My opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:32 AM
NIGHTSTALKER
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Borla Stingers!!!!!!

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ingersmpeg.flv
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Just something to remember... engine mods change the characteristics of any catback system considerably. What may sound best on a catback only car might be crazy loud on a heads/cam/headers car.

The B&B bullets sound wicked on a otherwise stock car, but the oem NPP setup is amazing on a H/C/Headers car.

Personally I have Stingers on my C5... I tried some Corsa Indys and loved the WOT sound and no drone at cruise, but at the end of the day I prefered the Stingers overall.

My car sounded very different w/ stingers only, then w/ stingers and Kooks headers, and then finally the full shabang w/ the G5-X2 cam. I know it's not a C6, but the point remains valid to compare apples/apples.

Corsas trademark (and some will say tradeoff) is awesome WOT sound w/o any drone at cruise. The Borla tradeoff is better idle and a deeper note but at the tradeoff of some drone.

PS: If I had a C6 I'd most likely order some Kooks 1 7/8ths headers w/ cats and Corsa extremes

Quick Reply: Corse Sports vs. Borla Stingers-My opinion