C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Exhaust block-to-manifold gasket puzzle!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gene says that the part number change was an error, and that they are going back to the old part number. 12594171

I found a pair of 12594171 in stock at a dealer and ordered them. Hopefully, they will have the D port.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flareside
Gene says that the part number change was an error, and that they are going back to the old part number. 12594171

I found a pair of 12594171 in stock at a dealer and ordered them. Hopefully, they will have the D port.
Got my 12594171 gaskets today, and they have the correct D port. They had them in stock at Scoggin-Dickey if anybody still needs a set.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 PM
RFP
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Flareside

This has been a real wild goose chase!!!

I ended up returning the four gaskets that I had purchased from Gene... then I went on a 'local' search (probably what I should have done in the first place).

Anyway, today, at the Lone Star Corvette Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway, I spoke with the guys from LG Motorsports. They have the 'right ones' in stock. Since I am planning on having LG do my install, I'm going to forget about the great-gasket-chase and just get LG to provide them when they do the install.

<<<sigh>>>

Rob
Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Glad to hear your gasket adventure has come to an end!

I am going to be on the search for the correct ones too soon, so I appreciate all the leg work everyone has done on this issue.

Ben

Quick Reply: LS7 Exhaust block-to-manifold gasket puzzle!