C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioner problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 AM
miguel_angel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air conditioner problem

Hi guys,
I have a 2005 C6 corvette, it has the dual air conditioner. I have been experiencing a failure which I don't understand. If I turn it on, the blower would work fine and air will come out, but it is not cold, it is normal outside temp, I checked the gas pressure on the high side and it was really low, but the pressure switch is working fine because the compressor clutch is engaged and turning normally, if I disconnect the pressure switch connector harness this stops the compressor as it should normally. So the guy checking the a/c system advices me to replace the compressor, but I am not so sure because sometimes I get some cool air from the passenger side, but hot in the driver side, that tells me something, I just want to be sure of doing the right thing. I read once that there was a valve in the vettes that kind of sets the compressor to the required compression rate depending on the controls settings. I would like to know if that's true or I am misunderstanding that information.
If anyone knows something about this or have experienced the same problem, I would really appreciate some help.

Quick Reply: Air conditioner problem