C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAMBA AIR INTAKE - Any Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 04:44 PM
ONEBADZ
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Absolutely it will clear just fine. The ONLY hood that has to be trimmed is the world challenge hood. The Mamba came out in 06/07 when the only hood was available was the flat hood.
OK Justin, I'm the type that has to confirm everything and I'm not sure if the 11 Zo6 hood is taller than the 11 GS hood or not. And you didn't include my question in your quote. So by your last statement you are saying YES the Mamba will fit under an 11 GS stock hood without any trimming or modifications? And as I understand with the LS3 it will bolt right on but I will need a tune? By your ESTIMATE I should pick up around 15 RWHP? I have 1 7/8 long tube headers 3 inch off road X pipe through a set of Borla S Type II axle backs. Had it tuned and it made 422. I'd be happy with 437. That would put me over 500 at the crank and about what a stock Z06 is making.
Thank you. Apologize for the trouble.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011_Grand_Sport
OK Justin, I'm the type that has to confirm everything and I'm not sure if the 11 Zo6 hood is taller than the 11 GS hood or not. And you didn't include my question in your quote. So by your last statement you are saying YES the Mamba will fit under an 11 GS stock hood without any trimming or modifications? And as I understand with the LS3 it will bolt right on but I will need a tune? By your ESTIMATE I should pick up around 15 RWHP? I have 1 7/8 long tube headers 3 inch off road X pipe through a set of Borla S Type II axle backs. Had it tuned and it made 422. I'd be happy with 437. That would put me over 500 at the crank and about what a stock Z06 is making.
Thank you. Apologize for the trouble.
The base hood, zo6 and grand sport are all the same hood. The ZR1 and the non window version of it the ZO7 are the only different hoods in the C6. The mamba fit under all of them. It is the aftermarket hoods that have some issues. The World challenge I know has to be trimmed but not sure about anybody else's hood. If your hood is OEM you are good.
The LS3 will require calibration, the airbox will flow higher in the MAF scale and this is a problem on the LS3 only. It will not hurt it to install and drive to get it tuned, but it will run rich in the upper RPM's.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:12 AM
Jaybird29
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Justin,

Ordered mine today.

thanks,

Jay
Old 05-17-2018, 05:35 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Who did you talk too? Nobody has come and asked me about this and I would be the one to ask. I should have the components in by the beginning of June or so. The box is available to order, the oldest order get's the box first. It is not a waiting list, it is an actual order.
I don't recall who I talked with, but that is what I was told. I called awhile back too and talked with someone that seemed a bit clueless. The guy from the other day seemed credible/legit, like he knew what was going on.
like he knew what was going on.

Next time I will call and ask for you specifically Justin!

Last edited by TomdaToolman; 07-07-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Red_eagle_1
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow, sorry for being the noob, but I guess this intake is really good. My z came equipped with one when I got it and didn't know anything about it. Winning for me
Old 08-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

I have two in stock right now.

Quick Reply: MAMBA AIR INTAKE - Any Info