C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Shocks-Koni FSD/Pfadt Inverted/Bilstein Sports

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:17 PM
tweaver
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default New Shocks-Koni FSD/Pfadt Inverted/Bilstein Sports

I'm about to pull the trigger on new shocks. I'm considering Koni FSD, Pfadt Inverted and Bilstein Sports. I have a base suspension with Z51 sways. My car will be used for street driving only and my goal is better performance as well as comfort.

I've read all the posts I can find on the subject and I'm leaning towards the Konis. I haven't noticed anyone that is unhappy with the Koni's. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
REVAK
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tweaver
I'm about to pull the trigger on new shocks. I'm considering Koni FSD, Pfadt Inverted and Bilstein Sports. I have a base suspension with Z51 sways. My car will be used for street driving only and my goal is better performance as well as comfort.

I've read all the posts I can find on the subject and I'm leaning towards the Konis. I haven't noticed anyone that is unhappy with the Koni's. Any input would be appreciated.
I have the Koni FSD's on my 06 Z51 vert. Couldn't be happier with them. Better ride quality, better handling, no more wheel hop.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:15 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

For the price, bilstein sports cannot be beat. I have them on my base 08, and will be installing the z51 sways this week. Adding the bilsteins made a significant difference in car stability. Before, if you started to push the car at all, the suspension would load/unload on all 4 corners. After adding the shocks all I can say is that it is a must mod for a base car. And there is no degradation in ride, in fact it is better on rougher roads. I'm sure the koni's are good, but at twice the price I seriously doubt it.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 PM
mikeci
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all 3 shocks are great I've used koni and bilstein's on other cars w/ good results. this time I went all out and got the Pfadt Inverted. no regrets. I can adjust them w/ a turn of a ****, I don't even have to take the wheels off. they are the most expensive but for that one feature its worth it
Mike

Last edited by mikeci; 08-10-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 AM
IPS Motorsports
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeci
all 3 shocks are great I've used koni and bilstein's on other cars w/ good results. this time I went all out and got the Pfadt Inverted. no regrets. I can adjust them w/ a turn of a ****, I don't even have to take the wheels off. they are the most expensive but for that one feature its worth it
Mike
Mike is right, the adjust ability of the

pfadt inverted sport shocks, just makes them a significantly better, with the ability to drive the car more to your liking, with the dampening adjustments.

These shocks are also on sale right now for $650 dollars SHIPPED!!! It doesn't get much better for price on them! If your interested or have more questions feel free to contact myself, email is bwright@ipsmotorsports.net or call the shop 614-444-5884.

Regards
-Brandon
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the Koni FSD shock and Z51 suspension, I got about a 3/4" drop in ride height. The koni's ride very nice, no more rear end kick out on rough turns and I find myself pushing the car just a bit harder through the turns on my mountain twisty runs. They may be a touch soft in dampening for base suspension cars.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:42 PM
HuskerBullet
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nwc6
With the Koni FSD shock and Z51 suspension, I got about a 3/4" drop in ride height. The koni's ride very nice, no more rear end kick out on rough turns and I find myself pushing the car just a bit harder through the turns on my mountain twisty runs. They may be a touch soft in dampening for base suspension cars.

I installed Bilsteins on my 91 Camaro which made it handle like a Formula 1, but it also rode like a lumber wagon....stiff as hell. I decided to install the Koni FSD's on my 07 Vette just two weeks ago. I'm totally impressed with the softer ride and less noise when just cruising around town and on the freeway, yet when you make hard-core turns whenever you want, it actully seems to have less oversteer which plants the tires to the ground a little better than stock. By the way, I have the Z06 anti-sway bars installed....

Get notified of new replies

To New Shocks-Koni FSD/Pfadt Inverted/Bilstein Sports

Quick Reply: New Shocks-Koni FSD/Pfadt Inverted/Bilstein Sports