C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z06 tire width

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 PM
wooden
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default z06 tire width

I am thinking about doing a wide body on my c6, but I would like to use my widened 18" wheels on the rear. I know the offset is wrong and they will set too far inside the fenders. how much wider are the z06 fenders and would it be possible to use a spacer to make up the difference and use my widened 18,s. has any body done this or looked into it. thanks.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Sparo2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember when I was installing my wide body I had the C6 wheels on there to move the car around the shop. Both front and rear wheels tucked in so much it was almost ugly. I would guess they stuck in at least 1.5" and that's a lot...IMO.

I would never use any spacers wider than 1/4". I just wouldn't feel comfortable.

Depending on the wheels you want, you can look into getting some repos which are not expensive. You can probably sell your wider wheels and buy some repos with little out of pocket cost...just an option.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:41 PM
wooden
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks thats what I needed to know wasn,t sure how much difference there was.

Get notified of new replies

To z06 tire width

Quick Reply: z06 tire width