C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Vette cold air intake and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM
68blueshark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Vette cold air intake and exhaust

Hello
I stopped in at the chvey dealer where I just bought my 09 Vette and asked them about SLP loundmouth exhaust and K/N cold air intake for my vette.
The dealership said that it would void warranties on the engine and exhaust system if I installed these non GM approved components on my new Vette. They said that I had to go to a GM dealership that carries and installs GM approved high performance components for vettes to maintain my vettes warranty.

What experiences has anyone had in regards to replacing intakes and exhaust VS. issues with thier vette after these components were installed and the dealer not overing any warranty claims?

Thanks
ed
Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Timothy Barth
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told a K&N air inTAKE WOULD NOT VOID MY WARRENTY,BY A CHEVY DEALER IN vIRGINIA.bUT IN MY OPINION THE STOCK AIR INTAKE IS JUST AS GOOD OR MAYBE BETTER. I think it is a waste of money. But if it is installed it does not void warrenty.As for the exhaust I dont know.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 PM
BowTieBlood
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 68blueshark
Hello
I stopped in at the chvey dealer where I just bought my 09 Vette and asked them about SLP loundmouth exhaust and K/N cold air intake for my vette.
The dealership said that it would void warranties on the engine and exhaust system if I installed these non GM approved components on my new Vette. They said that I had to go to a GM dealership that carries and installs GM approved high performance components for vettes to maintain my vettes warranty.

What experiences has anyone had in regards to replacing intakes and exhaust VS. issues with thier vette after these components were installed and the dealer not overing any warranty claims?

Thanks
ed
They'll do anything to take or keep your money.....but prefer to do both. I wouldn't risk it, or I'd keep the original parts to re-install if I need to.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
mupepe
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you plan on going to that particular dealership, I wouldn't do it and I'd go with one of the GM approved aftermarket exhausts. But most people have not had problems with just exhaust and and CAI.

BTW, I have the Loudmouth system and it's awesome
Old 09-25-2009, 08:32 PM
havoc77
Intermediate

IMHO, They gave you there honest anwswer... Now you have to decide if it is worth it to you. I was in your shoes 2 months ago, and I decided to go ahead and mod it cause I am not use to having warrentees. If it breaks I figure I will just fix it myself.

If your unable to fix it yourself or at least pay someone to fix it I would not do it.

Get notified of new replies

To 09 Vette cold air intake and exhaust

Quick Reply: 09 Vette cold air intake and exhaust