C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband install question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 PM
turboffr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Wideband install question

where is everyone routing the wideband harness into the cockpit? Can't really see a good spot to bring the wires inside. Pics would be helpful if you have them. thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts

If you are in a warm year round climate like I am (Arizona) and don't worry about excessive rain. I just ran mine into the passenger side wheel well cover (there is a nice little notch that it fits perfectly thru with my NGK/AFX), then over into the door and thru the big rubber boot that bridges from the door to the inside, then thru the plastic/rubber plate just inside after getting thru the rubber boot, then up into the glove box. Took me about 45 minutes to do on a second car after I scoped out my car. I did this all without cutting or drilling anything You could still do my method and cut the rubber boot to make your cable fit thru it and silicone it up and drill a hole thru the plastic/rubber plate and silicone that tight too. I didn't see the need and its been a year or so and I have never gotten a drop of water in the cockpit. Sorry no pictures, but it is so easy once you take a look at the whell well and door areas I am talking about, no need to drill thru the fire wall and all that mess.

Last edited by ktoonsez; 10-14-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

thanks I'll check it out. I definitely don't want to cut anything and will only have the wb in the until I finish tuning it. I only drive in good weather so rain/water won't be an issue.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
ktoonsez
Drifting

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts

That is the way to go then, it should be very easy for you to do.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

looks like I have the same wideband as you too
Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I only used my WB during the tune process, then pulled it out.

I routed the wires up from the headers to the engine compartment, then behind the battery, back between the passenger door hinges, then into the passengers foot well. I taped the wires to the hinge pillar to keep them from getting tangled with the hinges. To keep the wires away from the headers, I zip tied them stuff along the way. Worked fine for me.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 PM
1.8t
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I brought mine in through the shifter hole in the torque tube tunnel. Real easy, no cutting, and everything was right there for me to permanently mount my wideband.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the NGK/AFX and routed the wiring harness through the rubber boot which is found behind the battery on the firewall. There is a large wiring harness that routes through this rubber boot to the fuse panels found behind the passenger side floor carpeting. I powered the NGK/AFX using a Add-A-Fuse (10A) from the passenger side fuse panels. I have the Monitor/Controller mounted on the passengers side knee bolster up against the carpet and attached using velcro to a metal bracket in that area. I can pull the Monitor out and lay it on the console area and couple it to my MPVI/Computer for tuning and once done tuning I return the Monitor to the velcro position under the passenger side dash.

Get notified of new replies

To Wideband install question

Quick Reply: Wideband install question