C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACP World Challenge Louvered hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:50 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACP World Challenge Louvered hood

ACP C6 three louvered fiberglass World challenge hood $1595.00
Excellent fit, smooth inside, primed ready to paint.
In stock ready to ship!
Free shipping anywhere in the continental United States until the end of November 2009.
To order call Winnie at 800-832-8624.
For technical information email Kerry at kerry@acproducts.us.
Attached Images    

Last edited by ACProducts; 11-01-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typing error
Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

With or w/out drainage tray?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
GREENTAHOE
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

I love that hood and LG's hood, but both are like $1600 unpainted!! Others are in the $700-$900. Why so much more??
Old 11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GREENTAHOE
I love that hood and LG's hood, but both are like $1600 unpainted!! Others are in the $700-$900. Why so much more??
I hate to sound like I'm tooting our horn but there are many of our loyal customers that have backed me up on this.

The Quality and fit of these hoods, both ours and LG's, are first class.
They are ready to just lightly sand and paint.

The development costs that were invested in making them work and look good are also a factor.

Due to the great response we have had, we have been able to reduce the cost of the hoods simply because we have been able to sell a larger quantity.

To quote an old saying "The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet sound of a cheaper price is gone!"

Many a body shops have had to charge above and beyond the original cost of an aftermarket part to just get it to fit and preped for paint.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:16 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by filmjay
With or w/out drainage tray?
We didin't put a drainage tray in because it will hinder the function of the hood, both aero and cooling. I can say that I have had louvered hoods on both my C5 and C6 Corvettes and have not had any problems with water. My C5 has 160,000 miles on it and it is not garaged.

We have discussed a tray that is removable so you can take it off at the track. That will give you the downforce. however, if the tray is left on while driving on the street the cooling factor will be reduced. The under hood temp will be higher and that will also effect performance.

Maybe we can use the CF as an indicator and we can see how many of you would like the drainage tray. If the number is significant I will develop it.

Thanks for your input.

Kerry
Old 11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
csun213
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this hood clear TVS 2300?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
theofel
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'13

A few years ago I purchased the Lingenfelter twin turbo hood for $1500.00. Great quality ...High price and heard the same story about why the high price..You can now buy that hood for well under $1000. If you want to sell a lot more hoods...Please don't wait as long as Lingenfelter did to drop to a acceptable price. Just my two cents
Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 AM
GREENTAHOE
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ACProducts
I hate to sound like I'm tooting our horn but there are many of our loyal customers that have backed me up on this.

The Quality and fit of these hoods, both ours and LG's, are first class.
They are ready to just lightly sand and paint.

The development costs that were invested in making them work and look good are also a factor.

Due to the great response we have had, we have been able to reduce the cost of the hoods simply because we have been able to sell a larger quantity.

To quote an old saying "The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet sound of a cheaper price is gone!"

Many a body shops have had to charge above and beyond the original cost of an aftermarket part to just get it to fit and preped for paint.
I didn't take it that way. I'm not interested in any other hoods. Not only are these two hoods the only ones I like, but the fact that LG and Katech use them says a lot. Thank you for the response.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Splinter99
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACProducts
We didin't put a drainage tray in because it will hinder the function of the hood, both aero and cooling. I can say that I have had louvered hoods on both my C5 and C6 Corvettes and have not had any problems with water. My C5 has 160,000 miles on it and it is not garaged.

We have discussed a tray that is removable so you can take it off at the track. That will give you the downforce. however, if the tray is left on while driving on the street the cooling factor will be reduced. The under hood temp will be higher and that will also effect performance.

Maybe we can use the CF as an indicator and we can see how many of you would like the drainage tray. If the number is significant I will develop it.

Thanks for your input.

Kerry
I am a new owner of your world challege louvered hood. I would be interested in a Water Tray which could divert rain under the Hood. Although I am encouraged that you haven't had any problems with water..

Get notified of new replies

To ACP World Challenge Louvered hood

Quick Reply: ACP World Challenge Louvered hood