C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanity light in sun visor question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Hrdtop00
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Vanity light in sun visor question...

Don't have the service manuals for my car yet so thought I'd ask here first. The mirror vanity light on the passenger side is not coming on, driver's side works fine. Before I pull the visor to check the connector, was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Do the bulbs pull out easily to check? I'm guessing they are wired in parallel so that both lights don't go out when only one bulb blows. Was thinking about pulling it out to check voltage & operation of the on/off switch. Is the vanity mirror assembly glued or screwed in place in the sun visor.

TIA
Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM
'VETTE PHASE
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by Hrdtop00
Don't have the service manuals for my car yet so thought I'd ask here first. The mirror vanity light on the passenger side is not coming on, driver's side works fine. Before I pull the visor to check the connector, was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Do the bulbs pull out easily to check? I'm guessing they are wired in parallel so that both lights don't go out when only one bulb blows. Was thinking about pulling it out to check voltage & operation of the on/off switch. Is the vanity mirror assembly glued or screwed in place in the sun visor.

TIA
It's glued on. The first thing I'd check is make sure the little button is popping out when you open the lid. Next thing would be to remove the visor and check the connector in the windshield header.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Hrdtop00
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 'VETTE PHASE
It's glued on. The first thing I'd check is make sure the little button is popping out when you open the lid. Next thing would be to remove the visor and check the connector in the windshield header.
I did check the on/off switch under the cover to see if it was sticking and it seems to be popping out. I guess the next step is to pull the visor & check the connector.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:13 PM
dlgolder2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you remove the visor from the windshield header?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The frame around the mirror is held to the visor with little pins all around the edge. I changed my bulbs to LED's and had to remove the mirror glass just to get the bulbs out. I pried around the edge of the frame with a small screwdriver on the bottom side and when the frame was loose enough, pulled out the mirror glass. The bulb sockets are held in place by clipping to the frame and the sockets will pull loose from the clips when you try to pull out the bulbs or put them back in. With the mrror glass out, you can actually hold onto the bulb sockets when changing the bulbs.

I was able to get the frame pins to all snap back in place, but I have read where others have actually broke the pins and/or could not get them to snap back in place.

Get notified of new replies

To Vanity light in sun visor question...

Quick Reply: Vanity light in sun visor question...