C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advantage of adding a x-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
rmedina
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default advantage of adding a x-pipe?

I'm thinking about getting a corsa system and I know that they (most aftermarket exhaust) make a popping/crackling sound when you decelerate. Will adding their x-pipe take care of this?

Rmedina
Old 12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
BornSUPERCHARGED
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmedina
I'm thinking about getting a corsa system and I know that they (most aftermarket exhaust) make a popping/crackling sound when you decelerate. Will adding their x-pipe take care of this?

Rmedina
No it won't. You don't like the popping/crackling sound?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 332 Posts

I have (had) Corsa Sports with their X-Pipe on my '05 MN6. The X-pipe serves to smooth the exhaust flow & does cancel the high end exhaust notes. I wrote "had" since I've recently installed AR headers and high flow cats/x-pipe. Now it's really "snap, crackle & pop"! Too bad you're not closer.....I've got the Corsa X-pipe sitting in my garage & would love to find a home for it, but it's too bulky to ship to Texas.

Last edited by Dave S; 12-11-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:05 PM
BornSUPERCHARGED
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave S
I have (had) Corsa Sports with their X-Pipe on my '05 MN6. The X-pipe serves to smooth the exhaust flow & does cancel the high end exhaust notes. I wrote "had" since I've recently installed AR headers and high flow cats/x-pipe. Now it's really "snap, crackle & pop"! Too bad you're not closer.....I've got the Crosa X-pipe sitting in my garage & would love to find a home for it, but it's too bulky to ship to Texas.
Yea, I've got the AR headers with x-pipe, but no cats, then BB bullets.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
YLOFEVR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Default Popping exhaust

I run LG Pro LT's with X-pipe, hi-flow cats and Corsa Sport and the X-pipe does "smoothe" out the percolating somewhat, but the Corsa Sport technology makes it rumble more in deceleration like the old glass packs used to sound.

Get notified of new replies

To advantage of adding a x-pipe?

Quick Reply: advantage of adding a x-pipe?