C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Rear Gears

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:55 PM
vette 99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Rear Gears

I'm sure by now there has been discussions on this.

Has anyone changed Rear End Gears on the 6L80???
I haven't found anyone that has gears available....
Wanting 3:90's or 4:10's

Thanks, Rich
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Rich,

We can do your differential for you. We have gears on the shelf ready to go. As for doing 3.90s or 4.10s that is WAY too much gear for a 6L80e car. We have found that 3.42s are perfect for a 6L80e. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Thanks!,
Jeremy
Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
HP JNKEY
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vette 99
I'm sure by now there has been discussions on this.

Has anyone changed Rear End Gears on the 6L80???
I haven't found anyone that has gears available....
Wanting 3:90's or 4:10's

Thanks, Rich
3:15's are a great gear for your A6, infact, there is a used 3:15 for sale for 1250.00 in the for sale section.
Look up Keith N
Old 05-31-2015, 03:40 PM
grumpstar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2011 c6 base coupe 6l80 a6 tranny. Need some better get oft corner on track days without always going down into 2nd gear. I have been advised that the swap from 2:56 to 3:15 is no big deal, but I would have to flash my ecu & tcm so the tranny knows when to shift in Drive. And also so the speed on-meter reads correct. Can I buy a tune for that?
Old 06-02-2015, 08:16 AM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by grumpstar
I have a 2011 c6 base coupe 6l80 a6 tranny. Need some better get oft corner on track days without always going down into 2nd gear. I have been advised that the swap from 2:56 to 3:15 is no big deal, but I would have to flash my ecu & tcm so the tranny knows when to shift in Drive. And also so the speed on-meter reads correct. Can I buy a tune for that?
The swap from 2.56 to 3.15 requires changing a few things inside the differential along with the ring and pinion gears. We offer a complete 3.15 differential ready to bolt into your C6 for $1,995.00. You are correct. You will need to flash your ECM with a new file to accommodate the new rear end ratio to correct your speedo and shift points. This is something a competent local tuner will need to do. If you have HP tuners you can have a tune file emailed to you and you can flash it yourself. But purchasing HP Tuners simply for a gear change is an expensive investment for a small project. I recommend finding a local shop that is capable of doing the differential installation and the ECM calibration at the same time.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to answer them.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:51 PM
grumpstar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
The swap from 2.56 to 3.15 requires changing a few things inside the differential along with the ring and pinion gears. We offer a complete 3.15 differential ready to bolt into your C6 for $1,995.00. You are correct. You will need to flash your ECM with a new file to accommodate the new rear end ratio to correct your speedo and shift points. This is something a competent local tuner will need to do. If you have HP tuners you can have a tune file emailed to you and you can flash it yourself. But purchasing HP Tuners simply for a gear change is an expensive investment for a small project. I recommend finding a local shop that is capable of doing the differential installation and the ECM calibration at the same time.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to answer them.
Would I safely be able to do it with the diablo trinity if I purchased one that has some preprogramed tunes on it. that way I may be able to taken advantage of getting 18-20 more hp from the LS3
Old 06-04-2015, 02:30 PM
0Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by grumpstar
Would I safely be able to do it with the diablo trinity if I purchased one that has some preprogramed tunes on it. that way I may be able to taken advantage of getting 18-20 more hp from the LS3
If your hand held programmer has the ability to adjust rear gear ratio it should work fine.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Rear Gears

Quick Reply: C6 Rear Gears