C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 HP Limits

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
thesubfloor
Melting Slicks

Location: Brentwood World's first A6 in the 9's (including N/A, blower, turbo and nitrous cars) 9.950@139.267 CA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rodney@rpmtransmissions
Was that a jab at RPM ? I need to know Chris.
I just sent you a PM regarding this.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 PM
craftfox
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DSteck
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure Chris knows the tune has more to do with longevity than anything. I know who originally did Bill's car. I redid another car originally by the same guy and after only doing the engine tune, the trans began to shift properly.

exactly. The entire car was a HUGE mess when i brought it to Rodney. The shop I had working on the car had the car so bad, It took months to get everything they touched straight.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 PM
OBSSSD
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

It will hold 600rwhp forever with the right tune, however, almost no one knows exactly how to do it. Seems like most bump the pressure too much or delete too much TM - not realizing you can leave a lot of it in and still shift lightning fast without losing ET. I tuned many cars running boost and nitrous that have 50-100k on the stock 4 and 6 speed transmissions and still running like a champ. Also, change your filter regularly and your fluid often because it can get nasty in a hurry from hard use. All of this of course assumes a good trans cooler while keeping temps under 185 degrees at all times.

Quick Reply: A6 HP Limits