C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need a retune...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 AM
scarface9
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Do I need a retune...?

So my car was acting funny and jerking at idle and on certain speeds. Took the car to the dealer and it turned out that they needed to change all 8 spark plugs with OEM ones and the injectors were clogged so they cleaned them. The jerking/hesitation issue is solved!

My question is, do I need to fine tune/retune the car after changing the spark plugs and cleaning the injectors?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:35 AM
TxPres
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles on those plugs??
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
scarface9
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

33k miles
Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Mez
Safety Car

Location: Austin, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Houston, Dallas, Hong Kong, Elgin, etc.. Texas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scarface9
So my car was acting funny and jerking at idle and on certain speeds. Took the car to the dealer and it turned out that they needed to change all 8 spark plugs with OEM ones and the injectors were clogged so they cleaned them. The jerking/hesitation issue is solved!

My question is, do I need to fine tune/retune the car after changing the spark plugs and cleaning the injectors?
Not necessary if the tune was fine before you had the trouble.

Before committing to the expense of a tune, have it scanned. Perhaps someone with HP Tuners on the forum will do that. There is no license fee for scanning. This will show the LTFT% Error, knock retard, and other stuff. Then make your decision to get a tune.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Tikiman12
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nah, no tune needed. sounds like you just needed maintenance, like every day does
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,189 Likes on 687 Posts

The tune needs to be changed only if you have modified the car's performance. Any corrections to fueling (e.g. LTFT's) your computer was making because of needed repairs will be unlearned as you drive and it realizes the corrections are no longer needed.

Get notified of new replies

To Do I need a retune...?

Quick Reply: Do I need a retune...?