C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you all for your response

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
c5-pewter
c5-pewter
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Thank you all for your response

On March 31 I inadvertently posted my dilemma on the c-6 section, in deciding among two popular Long Tube Headers. Regardless, I received many responses

In the past, it had been my practice to thank each respondent individually, for giving their time to help me, a fellow Forum Member. However at times one is overwhelmed by time constraints, and other unforeseen events, which render the best of intentions mute.

Hence, here is a "Thank You" to all, who helped me to decide between ARH and LG Headers. GRT

=================================

As a refresher, this is what was presented:

Advice please, with choice between LG & AR, for a 2001 manual. I love torque in the low to mid range, for street use. As well, with existing Magnaflow cat backs, I'd like to keep noise on a "low" decibel rumble level.

This summer the exhaust setup will be complemented by Dart PRO1 205 Heads with 62cc combustion, and PSI 511 Beehive (single) springs with .625 max open. Additionally, I'm adding a mild single pattern cam @ 220/220 .547/.547 on 114 lsa - I know, I should have gone with 116 lsa for a smoother idle. (The new cam will replace the stock 196/201 .467/479 116 lsa unit, and the entire new setup should provide a nice well mannered boost, but I just don't know which way to go with the Headers, though I believe that the LGs might be better suited for low to mid range torque. Input please, and thanks! GRT

Last edited by c5-pewter; 04-12-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Thank you all for your response