C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZZ383 or Vortech heads under stock hood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
efurlong
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZZ383 or Vortech heads under stock hood?

Iv'e recently bought & installed a ZZ383 into my 1980 C3. It seems because of the taller ports on the vortech heads with the matching low profile intake manifol the "installed height" is taller than a Gen 1 small block. Which interferes with the stock hood. I really don't want to put a big block hood on my car. Has anbody installed a ZZ383 or any vortech headed motor into a C3 with the stock hood? If so which intake manifold should I use? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by efurlong
Iv'e recently bought & installed a ZZ383 into my 1980 C3. It seems because of the taller ports on the vortech heads with the matching low profile intake manifol the "installed height" is taller than a Gen 1 small block. Which interferes with the stock hood. I really don't want to put a big block hood on my car. Has anbody installed a ZZ383 or any vortech headed motor into a C3 with the stock hood? If so which intake manifold should I use? Thanks.
You need to post this over in the C3 section.

Quick Reply: ZZ383 or Vortech heads under stock hood?