C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Vararam! 2011 GS - Anyone install one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:46 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinjor
Im interested in scanning with my Halltech to see if in fact the notches in the shroud allow the IATs to stay at +2-4 ambient as claimed by Jim.

I like the idea of the Vararam but don't' personally care for the looks of it. The motor is so sleek and sexy, and the VR looks so blocky and rigid--it just doesn't flow in my opinion but to each their own.

OP, good luck with w/e route you take, but chalk up another vote for the Halltech or propped shroud.
I have a Vararam.. & I know where your coming from about the "looks" but when I race I Have Never Had My Hood Open so to me its a "moot" point.. if you go to car shows then I'd worry about appearance, but if you race, looks are of no meaning to me... JMO
Old 11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
JUIC3D
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Tech Contributor
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

I have my hood open between passes and always receive comments about the halltech. It looks like it came from the factory and I really like that.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 PM
madmax4499
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's ugly, it dosent fit well, Damn. im going to have to send it back!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM
94boosted
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm in the process of installing my Vararam on my 2010 GS and I seem to be stuck. The shroud is cut (seems to be big enough to clear the lower 'power duct'). However my lower power duct is hitting the oil cooler and therefore I can't get it low enough to line up with the holes.

The suggestions in this thread http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...r-bracket.html seem like they will only work on the Z51 cars as it looks like the GS oil cooler is much bigger. Any suggestions

Also can someone please elaborate on this:

Originally Posted by Cavallo GT
They have very specific detail on washer placement on the MAF sensor but, they don't provide them. I talked to them in the past about this and the sales guy said " it doesn't matter, just forget the washers"!

Last edited by 94boosted; 02-04-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Not to thread hijack, but what does "Popping the shroud" mean, & does it really help in lowering IAT's?

Quick Reply: Damn Vararam! 2011 GS - Anyone install one?