C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glove box bulb removal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Houston471
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glove box bulb removal?

i bought leds for all my bulbs , and i cant seem to remove the glove box bulb , any advice on how i can get it out??
Old 02-05-2012, 06:07 AM
geewez
Melting Slicks

Received 225 Likes on 119 Posts

Use a small screwdriver and pry the switch out from the front. Pry it out on the left side and then try to depress the side tab in with the screwdriver to get it to release and remove the switch assembly first. Once out, you see the bulb and will be able to replace it then.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:27 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston471
i bought leds for all my bulbs , and i cant seem to remove the glove box bulb , any advice on how i can get it out??
A lot easier to go ahead and remove the panel that holds the switch. With panel off, you can access bulb. Using any force is risky.

Very easy removing panel, it is self explanatory, open glove box and look and you will see. HTH!
Old 01-08-2017, 02:32 PM
mashmc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clove box light

Originally Posted by victorf
A lot easier to go ahead and remove the panel that holds the switch. With panel off, you can access bulb. Using any force is risky.

Very easy removing panel, it is self explanatory, open glove box and look and you will see. HTH!
My topless '82 the bulb is bayonet GE1893 press and twist 1/4 turn appox.
I removed the Glove Box to get to timer and access very easy to Light Bulb.
Also to pull out the Light Socket depress the simple spring steel panel on each side of the socket assembly that retains it in the permanent plastic ring. Any method very simple.

Get notified of new replies

To Glove box bulb removal?

Quick Reply: Glove box bulb removal?