C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102 Intake Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 PM
chpdbp
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 102 Intake Install questions

Just took it out of the box and need some help. The instructions are not exclusively for the LS2, which I have but for the other 15,000 vehicles you can use it on. So here are my issues. 1) Do I need to take the upper & lower shells apart and RTV the rear seal area when I put it back together? 2) Which MAP sensor does the LS2 have grommet or O ring, does it get mounted front or rear? 3) Is the EGR hole in the front , in front of the LSX lettering get used or not? Thanks for any help, I wish the instructions were specific for the engine application.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by chpdbp
Just took it out of the box and need some help. The instructions are not exclusively for the LS2, which I have but for the other 15,000 vehicles you can use it on. So here are my issues. 1) Do I need to take the upper & lower shells apart and RTV the rear seal area when I put it back together? 2) Which MAP sensor does the LS2 have grommet or O ring, does it get mounted front or rear? 3) Is the EGR hole in the front , in front of the LSX lettering get used or not? Thanks for any help, I wish the instructions were specific for the engine application.
1) Do I need to take the upper & lower shells apart and RTV the rear seal area when I put it back together? No need to separate it.

2) Which MAP sensor does the LS2 have grommet or O ring, does it get mounted front or rear? Grommet, front.

3) Is the EGR hole in the front , in front of the LSX lettering get used or not? You don't have EGR so not used.

It's a great mod. You will be very happy.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:54 PM
chpdbp
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I collected my thoughts and went back out & looked at it a bit more. I appreciate your response. It makes a lot more sense now. I was getting befuddled with the additional intructions for C5's and earlier model Camaro's mixed in with C6's.

Get notified of new replies

To Fast 102 Intake Install questions

Quick Reply: Fast 102 Intake Install questions