C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B vs. PRT

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:10 PM
darbn
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default B&B PRT vs. Corsa Sport

Is the B&B PRT exhaust louder than Corsa Sport exhaust? I am looking for a catback for an LS3 that is louder than stock but still mellow enough to be able to cruise and hear the person in the passenger seat.

Last edited by darbn; 06-21-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by darbn
Is the B&B PRT exhaust louder than Corsa Sport exhaust? I am looking for a catback for an LS3 that is louder than stock but still mellow enough to be able to cruise and hear the person in the passenger seat.
Then go with the corsa....sound a bit tiney to me,but are great for no drone.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Thunder8
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by darbn
I went from the stock exhaust on my 2008 LS3 to the PRT. I wanted something that woke up the sound when I romped on it, but was fairly mellow crusing at freeway speeds of 65-80. IMO, I don't really have any drone in the cabin! You can hear it, but it doesn't have that obnoxious low hum/rumble.

I love the sound and get a lot of compliments. BTW, I have 2.5" pipes with the factory X-pipe in place. I think those things make a difference too.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:53 PM
darbn
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the title goof. Cant figure how to change it... Thanks for the info guys.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
FedZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prt

I had the same dilemma. I went with the PRT. I had a Corsa on my C5. I
personnally enjoy the sound of the PRT; it is not loud or obnoxious at highway speeds. The look of the 4.5" oval tips on the PRT and the sound under load, which is what sold me. To each their own, everyone has different tastes and tolerances. I suggest you meet up with some people locally that have the different exhausts and see which one suits you the best. Best of luck with your decision making.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B vs. PRT

Quick Reply: B&B vs. PRT