C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 keyless enter failure

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 02:40 PM
LizLuuvsHerVette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 keyless enter failure

I have a 2010 Grand Sport and I have been having increasing trouble with my keyless door lock. It is failing to unlock my drivers side door. The door recognizes my key as the window unlatches when I touch the door handle, however, the door does not unlock every time. I have replaced my keyless battery, and that seemed to help for a few months, but the problem has returned and it is getting more and more frequent in failing. Is this common for keyless systems? Could my car battery be weak and cause this?

Things I have tried when the keyless entry is failing:
1) opening the passenger door, then trying to open the drivers door (failed)
2) opening the passenger door and pushing the unlock on passenger door panel (failed)
3) entering through the passenger door and reaching over to the driver door panel unlock button (failed)
4) entering through the passenger door and reaching over to the driver door panel and pushing the open door button (failed)
5) using keyless pad and pressing the unlock button (failed)
Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Welcome Aboard!

I can't help with your problem, but there have been similar discussions in the C6 General section. See if you can find what you need in the Search (or Advanced Search) feature, if not then a post in General should get some help.

Once you have some ideas, could you give your warranty a little exercise by getting a dealer to fix it for free? Some are idiots, but some others do good work.

Quick Reply: C6 keyless enter failure