C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help diagnosing electrical/battery problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

EPILOGUE: Drove the car last night after sitting a few days without the battery tender hooked up. Car performed normally, 14.5 volts on the DIC as before the battery replacement. It was the Iphone in close proximately to the FOB that caused all the problems.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Great that your problem is solved. I- phones can be detrimental sometimes
Old 07-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Victory Red Vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 C6 battery problem

I have had the battery tender since the day I picked the new Vette. After the first year I had the dealership check the battery because the alternator always showed 13.9 - 14.4 volts. Dealer said battery is good. The tender is always hooked up and lately takes a long time from red to flashing green. Over the weekend no start all kind of readouts displaying. Used a 6 amp charger for 2 hours vette started right up all displays are gone. Hooked up battery tender and took over night before green steady light. Used the vette on the third attempt to re-start battery is weak. I'm tired of fooling around. Any body suggest the best battery for the vette.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,363 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

If you are out of warranty, any of the major battery brands give good service and any of them can also make a dud. I prefer the Delco because we've had such good luck with them over the decades, but that's just me.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Victory Red Vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 C6 battery problem

Thanks for the reply. After reading different different replies I brought a Delco 85 Ps I could not find a local supplier so it will take a day to get it. I did find leakage in the battery tray so I'm glad it will be changed now. GM should make a disk to show owner what happens when the battery is weak. When I tried to start I got a loud arcing rapid pop for a few seconds. After that the headlights came on and the fan for the air also. I could not turn anything off. The displays were showing traction controll and others. First time this ever happened. To turn out the lights I had to disconnect the negative lead, and then I was locked out of the car. I have avoided tinkering with the Vette because it was under warranty. So much for this adventure. Thanks again Mark

Quick Reply: Help diagnosing electrical/battery problem