C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle bodys & intake manifolds for LS3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM
jstewart
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Default throttle bodys & intake manifolds for LS3

3 years ago I had Jeremy Fomatto do a stage 2 port (more radical of the two options he offers) job on my 08 LS3 intake manifold. I also sent Jeremy my TB for hand porting. Excellent results along with the LS3 engine mods Spin was laying out in his formula for LS3's. As laid out in Spins formula for this LS3 build the car makes nearly 500 HP.

Since then I have seen some pretty impressive claims for Fast 102's & more recently the Vortex spiral CNC ported TB's. I have not seen anything that convinces me that the Fast 102 on a LS3 is that much if any better than what Fomato or Spin get out of a ported stock LS3 intake. Not sure about the Colorado Speed spiral ported TB over the hand ported TB from a good tuner like Jeremy Fomato.

Just looking for other input.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:50 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by jstewart
3 years ago I had Jeremy Fomatto do a stage 2 port (more radical of the two options he offers) job on my 08 LS3 intake manifold. I also sent Jeremy my TB for hand porting. Excellent results along with the LS3 engine mods Spin was laying out in his formula for LS3's. As laid out in Spins formula for this LS3 build the car makes nearly 500 HP.

Since then I have seen some pretty impressive claims for Fast 102's & more recently the Vortex spiral CNC ported TB's. I have not seen anything that convinces me that the Fast 102 on a LS3 is that much if any better than what Fomato or Spin get out of a ported stock LS3 intake. Not sure about the Colorado Speed spiral ported TB over the hand ported TB from a good tuner like Jeremy Fomato.

Just looking for other input.
the Fast on the LS3 versus your ported manifold in my opinion would pick up very little hp if any. where the Fast shines is on an LS2.

Quick Reply: throttle bodys & intake manifolds for LS3