C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 corvette a6

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:39 PM
clayz
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2007 corvette a6

K fellas need some input here please . My stock bottom end head and cam ls2 had a timing chain failure as I attempted to start my car 1 morning . Long story short had one minor scar on one of the pistons and had to have 2 of the valves changed . I went back up with everything brand new lifters cam bearings oil pump timing chain new cam, springs ect . Ok heres the problem everythings put back together car drags to start but when it fires car runs find . I can go ride in it but once it heats up and I cut the car off when I start it back up it goes into a rough idling mode and my rpm guage stops working and its throwing a crank sensor code . Car is very strong at first so the thought of it being out of timing I didnt consider also just had the crank sensor change and the rpms still not working and it stills drag to start . I have a new battery and a msd starter also had the reluctor wheel check while the crank sensor was down and its ok . If any one have a suggestion it would be much appreciated !!!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 AM
clayz
Instructor

Originally Posted by clayz
K fellas need some input here please . My stock bottom end head and cam ls2 had a timing chain failure as I attempted to start my car 1 morning . Long story short had one minor scar on one of the pistons and had to have 2 of the valves changed . I went back up with everything brand new lifters cam bearings oil pump timing chain new cam, springs ect . Ok heres the problem everythings put back together car drags to start but when it fires car runs find . I can go ride in it but once it heats up and I cut the car off when I start it back up it goes into a rough idling mode and my rpm guage stops working and its throwing a crank sensor code . Car is very strong at first so the thought of it being out of timing I didnt consider also just had the crank sensor change and the rpms still not working and it stills drag to start . I have a new battery and a msd starter also had the reluctor wheel check while the crank sensor was down and its ok . If any one have a suggestion it would be much appreciated !!!!!
Bump someone chime in geesh!!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 05:51 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,015 Likes on 534 Posts

Is it still throwing the crank sensor code? did you check the crank sensor circuit before replacing the sensor?

If you break up your post in to paragraphs it would be easier, quicker to read and would yield more feedback from members.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:10 PM
clayz
Instructor

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Is it still throwing the crank sensor code? did you check the crank sensor circuit t before replacing the sensor?

If you break up your post in to paragraphs it would be easier, quicker to read and would yield more feedback from members.
The mechanic said the voltage was good to the sensor and the sensor wasnt bad but since I had the new one I just had It changed being I have so many mods dealer doesnt wanna deal with it but maybe you can explain to me where is the crank sensor circuit!!!!! Anyway thanks for the reply
Old 09-18-2014, 05:18 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,015 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by clayz
The mechanic said the voltage was good to the sensor.
sounds like he checked the circuit before replacing the sensor. I just meant wring and continuity, ect...

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 corvette a6

Quick Reply: 2007 corvette a6