C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car won't start/something loose

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:29 PM
oldskooljb
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't start/something loose

Just purchased an 05 last week. Dealer did not have a key fob with a trunk key so I am waiting on them to send me one. Hopefully it has trunk key with it. Went for a drive today and everything worked fine. Then car wouldn't start. Battery is fine and key fob battery is new. However something is loose on the box by the battery. (The box with the picture of the lock on it which has the pins and delphi stuff in it) once I pushed down on it the light under the hood came on and car went into accessory mode. Started beeping like crazy and wouldn't recognize key fob. But it then stops after I try to start car. All lights go out again and I have to redo the cycle. I suppose I will have to take to a dealer and pay tons of money. I can't even get in the car now without trunk key. Any suggestions??
Old 01-24-2015, 06:23 PM
oldskooljb
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update. Found out the problem is the actual battery connector. The part that clamps around the red prong comes completely off when I life the red rubber. Hopefully that won't be too expensive to replace
Old 01-24-2015, 07:56 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Replace the positive battery terminal with a stinger hpm series battery terminal connector. This terminal clamps the battery post very solid. Take a peek and do searches in the audio sub forum as most people who upgrade the audio system and add amps would also upgrade the positive battery terminal.

Btw, on your factory clamp, the nut that is used to tighten, does it have a cone shape on the bottom? If not, that is the reason you have a problem. If so, the stamped steel terminal still sucks.

Btw, if you lose the cone shaped nut it can be purchased for $5 on the big auction site.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:58 PM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

If your goal is to replace the entire factory harness, it's about a two hour job and the cable costs a couple hundred dollars.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The key won't come with the fob. The dealer can cut a key from the VIN number and should do it for free. 2 fobs and 2 keys came with the car new, you should have the same.

Get notified of new replies

To car won't start/something loose

Quick Reply: car won't start/something loose