C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z06 spacer and lugnuts... help please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 01:52 PM
Boryke
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default z06 spacer and lugnuts... help please?

I've been doing some searching on here today but I am a bit lost at what exactly I need for the spacers and lugnuts.

I've been consistently reading that 1/4th spacers are fine with ET lug nuts... but I don't know exactly what I need to buy. Can anyone shoot me some links to the lugnuts (amazon or something similar) or a link to a vendor with some spacers? (The Doug Rippie spacers are nice... but not looking to spend 250+ just on some 1/4th spacers).

Thanks guys!
Old 09-25-2015, 04:40 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 557 Likes on 452 Posts

I think I know what you are trying to do but.......

Please post exactly what you are doing....or trying to do.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Boryke
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
I think I know what you are trying to do but.......

Please post exactly what you are doing....or trying to do.
I have a 2006 z06. I'd like to remove some of the sunken wheel effect that the car has stock. From reading I determined that 1/4" spacers are okay with the stock studs, but I'd need some extended thread lug nuts. I was wondering exactly what I need to buy to make this work... if anyone has a recommendation on the lug nuts from amazon or summit... and any spacers people have used that work without breaking the bank.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:23 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Boryke
I have a 2006 z06. I'd like to remove some of the sunken wheel effect that the car has stock. From reading I determined that 1/4" spacers are okay with the stock studs, but I'd need some extended thread lug nuts. I was wondering exactly what I need to buy to make this work... if anyone has a recommendation on the lug nuts from amazon or summit... and any spacers people have used that work without breaking the bank.

All you'd need is any open end wheel nut with m12 x 1.50 thread. those spacers from DR would really be the best option as they are hubcentric and will not cause any vibrations as without them the wheel can be tightened slightly off center. universal spacers are ok but not as good.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:11 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Whatever combo of spacer and lugnuts you use, the important thing is to have the spacers correct for hub centric wheels and the lugnuts need at least 8 full turns of thread engagement.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:22 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Check out Doug Rippie Motorsports (DRM)...they have the proper spacers for our cars.

http://dougrippie.com

Get notified of new replies

To z06 spacer and lugnuts... help please?

Quick Reply: z06 spacer and lugnuts... help please?