C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS / Traction Control Light, C0035-00 Service all 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 09:31 AM
crburnside
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS / Traction Control Light, C0035-00 Service all 3

I have gone to the end of the internet to try and get these codes cleared from the car. One day while driving down the road all 3 messages popped. I got the codes read after reading some internet posts and got the centering error, left wheel speed sensor, and a third one i cant recall but had to do with the steering wheel position center. I replaced the hub and harness and have checked the sensor with a tech II. All hubs are reading the same. I cant seem to check out the steering sensor with my buddies snap on reader. We clear the codes but the wheel sensor constantly comes back. Most the codes are always in history. Some times the lights come on at 15MPH sometimes at 25MPH. I also can control the TC with the button when being viewed through the snapon but not on the DIC. Any help out there?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:09 AM
crburnside
6th Gear

Ok maybe someone can tell me how to troubleshoot the steering wheel position sensor?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:52 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't answer your question myself, but I have read about a replacement part (clip) that prevents the position sensor trouble If I am remembering correctly.

There are threads here about it. But they can be difficult to find sometimes.

Here's one:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...h-of-july.html

I had the TCS/ABS and Service Active Handling lights come on at the end of a 2,500 mile trip. After pulling the connectors to each wheel speed sensor and coating them with dialectic grease I have not had any issues since.

I have not had the steering wheel position sensor issue though.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:53 PM
crburnside
6th Gear

Hey man thanks yea i have had the zip tie and electrical tape recall done. I am probably gonna go down to the dealer and tell them i need the actual recall done. I will have to see about that. Ill try the coating of the grease.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:08 PM
crburnside
6th Gear

still trying to trouble shoot this, i have traced and ohmed the left front wheel speed sensor all the way to the EBCM but have no been able to get the connector off. is there anyway that there could be corrosion in the large bundle of wires causing my issue?
Old 12-28-2015, 04:46 PM
crburnside
6th Gear

OK new development, i get continuity all the way up the the EBCM plug. I also shut the car off driving it down the road and turned it back on. the only light that remained was the ABS light, although I still could not cycle through the traction control menu. A friend of mine hooked his scanner up and we could read the speed sensors on all four tires and they had no anomalies. Still getting the code of the speed sensor front left wheel. I have already replaced the sensor with a GM part.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:03 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

What car do you have? The codes aren't the same and don't necessarily mean the same through the C5 and C6 model years.

Based on the code you are referring to C0035 00 it sounds like you have a C6. In a C6 that code means the sensor output is shorted to either ground or voltage. A continuity check from the sensor end of the harness to the EBCM wouldn't show anything if that part of the circuit had that condition. You would just have continuity with some things you weren't supposed to have continuity with and the only way you would know that is if you accidentally hit one of them with one of the continuity meter leads. Take a look at the sensor end of the harness where it fastens to the knuckle and see if it might be worn in that area and shorting to the knuckle or something else. Also check to see if the two leads running from the sensor up through the harness aren't shorted to each other. As long as you have a problem with that sensor the ABS, TC and AH will not work.

Just double checking here to be sure we are on the same page. When you say you replaced the left front sensor you really mean you replaced the left front hub, correct?

Bill
Old 12-28-2015, 09:00 PM
crburnside
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
What car do you have? The codes aren't the same and don't necessarily mean the same through the C5 and C6 model years.

Based on the code you are referring to C0035 00 it sounds like you have a C6. In a C6 that code means the sensor output is shorted to either ground or voltage. A continuity check from the sensor end of the harness to the EBCM wouldn't show anything if that part of the circuit had that condition. You would just have continuity with some things you weren't supposed to have continuity with and the only way you would know that is if you accidentally hit one of them with one of the continuity meter leads. Take a look at the sensor end of the harness where it fastens to the knuckle and see if it might be worn in that area and shorting to the knuckle or something else. Also check to see if the two leads running from the sensor up through the harness aren't shorted to each other. As long as you have a problem with that sensor the ABS, TC and AH will not work.

Just double checking here to be sure we are on the same page. When you say you replaced the left front sensor you really mean you replaced the left front hub, correct?

Bill

I have an 05 C6 Coupe, Yes I replaced the whole hub. I know they are not shorted to each other but I will check and see if they are shorted to ground. The weird thing is that when we run it on the computer the scanner gets readings from the hub. I'll trace the wires tomorrow all the way through the harness to the ECBM. Hopefully the ECBM doesn't need to be replaced..is there anyway to trouble shoot that piece of equipment separately? Is there a test I can check at the hub to see if the ECBM is sending the correct voltage/signal? Also I think you are referring to the "intermediate" harness that is between the main harness of the ECBM and the actual Hub speed sensor it self. If that is the case that whole assembly checks out as I removed the completely and checked it for shorts between each and knicks in the insulation. Another odd thing today the car drove for about half a mile before the lights came on, well past the 15mph threshold that usually throws the codes.

Last edited by crburnside; 12-28-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS / Traction Control Light, C0035-00 Service all 3

Quick Reply: ABS / Traction Control Light, C0035-00 Service all 3