C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E40 to E38 Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 01:51 PM
3X2
Melting Slicks

Received 466 Likes on 361 Posts

I'm wondering the same thing too. I have a 05 I'm working on has burned wire harnesses. Buying used 13 year old harnesses is something I really don't want to do. What makes this more fun is this is a 12-04 car and a 05-05 car also here has different colored wiring in places. Both the engine harness and harness along the torque tube are discontinued and as of yesterday, no dealer in the US have one. The crank trigger wheel, crank sensor, and cam gear would need to be changed. As far as I know, no one makes a 24x to 58x converter box. Assuming your TT harness is ok then the "shift to Reverse" should function correctly. I'd definetly put in a column lock bypass seeing all the problems the 05's have with thet ribbon cable. Next thing to determine is if the wiring in the connectors in the ubec are the same between the 2 different year harnesses. So, if you are up to the task, keep us informed.

Quick Reply: E40 to E38 Conversion?