C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio/AC intermittent reset

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:37 PM
scottmotox
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio/AC intermittent reset

Every so often my radio stations and the HVAC control settings reset. The other day I caught it happening. Car was running, I opened the door and popped the hatch so my daughter could get her bag. I noticed there was no music playing and when I looked in the car the screen had the corvette emblem on it and then the radio came back on but my programmed stations were all gone. The AC was reset too. Is there a module or something that these two have in common that could be going bad? Thanks for the help guys. Oh, it's a 2009 Z06 3lt
Old 06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

I will guess at the RCDLR, as I believe that this unit is were the info is stored once the fob/fobs are programed.
Perhaps your fob battery is getting low.
Could also be electrically related, intermittent connection causing resetting. Cell phones are also know to cause interference with communications.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:42 PM
scottmotox
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by extrapilot
I will guess at the RCDLR, as I believe that this unit is were the info is stored once the fob/fobs are programed.
Perhaps your fob battery is getting low.
Could also be electrically related, intermittent connection causing resetting. Cell phones are also know to cause interference with communications.
Thanks for the response. I may expose the RCDLR and play with the wiring to see if I can get it to happen again. It's pretty intermittent right now but it bugs the crap out of me.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:04 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

I found some more info on this system, and it seems that the BCM which is located above the passenger foot well is involved electrically. I mention this because there have been issues with connections in this area becoming loose, sometimes a passenger will push hard on the carpet just above the well and create a disconnect. If you pull back the carpet, you'll see all the electronics there, the BCM and fuse boxes.
More to read..
http://www.vegasvettes.com/TechTips/TechTips26.html

Last edited by extrapilot; 06-22-2016 at 05:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
scottmotox (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 05:09 PM
scottmotox
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by extrapilot
I found some more info on this system, and it seems that the BCM which is located above the passenger foot well is involved electrically. I mention this because there have been issues with connections in this area becoming loose, sometimes a passenger will push hard on the carpet just above the well and create a disconnect. If you pull back the carpet, you'll see all the electronics there, the BCM and fuse boxes.
More to read..
http://www.vegasvettes.com/TechTips/TechTips26.html
My daughter was getting out of the car when it happened last so that makes a lot of sense now that you mentioned the passenger foot well. I will get down there and check that out as well. Again I really appreciate the response.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio/AC intermittent reset

Quick Reply: Radio/AC intermittent reset