C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Scotts vet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air intake

Has anyone with varaam intake in ls2 found a difference in performance . Is an aftermarket intake worth the big bucks?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:01 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

It's my understanding that the two biggest bangs for the buck on the LS2 were the air intake and the intake manifold with a tune.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:10 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Do you plan on doing a lot of racing and pushing for every little bit of power and performance you can get? If yes, then add the Vararam on to a long and expensive list of additional modifications. If you're just looking for a little bit extra with no plans on pushing the car or your bank account much further, then I would suggest doing the toggle bolt/propped shroud mod. I apologize I don't have a link but search those 2 word combos and you'll find the info. It's basically an almost free (less than $5 in parts) modification you do to the plastic shroud which isolates the engine bay from the front bumper area. By opening it up slightly with a set of toggle bolts you allow ambient air into the filter area thus allowing the intake to ingest the cooler air as opposed to the hot engine bay air, which will keep the PCM from pulling time, which reduces power. So blah blah blah, basically you can get a similar amount of performance by just doing that instead of spending money on an aftermarket CAI. And, if afterwards you're still dead set on getting a CAI, you're only out a few dollars from the bolts.

Get notified of new replies

To Air intake

Quick Reply: Air intake