C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP! CTSY Fuse Keeps Blowing

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:49 AM
VtoZ
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED HELP! CTSY Fuse Keeps Blowing

Have a 2007 z06 and it doesn't matter if the car is on or off, the CTSY/LAMP fuse will blow the second I try to put a new fuse in. Is there a common place for a wire to be grounding out or shorting? Or does anyone have a wiring diagram for what all that fuse powers?

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-26-2016, 08:16 PM
BLUEMEANIE
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Last edited by BLUEMEANIE; 08-26-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:29 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,013 Likes on 2,171 Posts

Pull the center console.

The front refrigerate lighter/ the center console lighters are off this fuse, and between the two, your going to find one them has a short to grounding problem, or someone taped off one of the wires and this is pulling too much current to blow the fuse right away instead.

Here is how to pull it and check the lighters for a grounding problem, check the wires to make sure they are not pinched and grounding out instead

If it not the lighters or there wires, then start checking the ambient lighting in the car, since someone may have swapped them out to LED units, and one of the units has a problem to cause a dead short problem instead.

Last edited by Dano523; 08-26-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:07 AM
VtoZ
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I got it figured out yesterday. First thing I checked was the lighters and they must not be on that fuse because I tried both and they still worked even though the fuse was blown. So I started with pulling the visors and the short happened to be the passenger side visor wires were pinched and grounding out. Got some crimp connectors and got everything back together and no more blowing fuses!
Old 08-27-2016, 09:35 AM
RICH 28
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by VtoZ
Thanks guys. I got it figured out yesterday. First thing I checked was the lighters and they must not be on that fuse because I tried both and they still worked even though the fuse was blown. So I started with pulling the visors and the short happened to be the passenger side visor wires were pinched and grounding out. Got some crimp connectors and got everything back together and no more blowing fuses!
Glad you got it figured out, and thanks for telling what the solution was.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:49 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Great news...I was going to suggest pulling all light bulbs out and go from there....glad you found the wires pinched...easy fix.

Get notified of new replies

To NEED HELP! CTSY Fuse Keeps Blowing

Quick Reply: NEED HELP! CTSY Fuse Keeps Blowing