C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and NPP

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 12:03 PM
jimy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Headers and NPP

I finally got my headers and NPP installed. I have a 2007 so I had to buy the NPP in a Box to get the mufflers to work. Two questions. Is there a way to keep the valves open when if starts? Right now, it's open and then closes after a few seconds. I want it to stay open. And, is there a way to get the Home Link controller on the drivers side visor to turn it on and off?
Old 05-26-2017, 01:13 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by jimy
I finally got my headers and NPP installed. I have a 2007 so I had to buy the NPP in a Box to get the mufflers to work. Two questions. Is there a way to keep the valves open when if starts? Right now, it's open and then closes after a few seconds. I want it to stay open. And, is there a way to get the Home Link controller on the drivers side visor to turn it on and off?
yes and no

Yes , u can set it to "start open" by opening up the black control unit and changing the wires on the selonoid. Your instructions that came with the NPP in a box will tell you on the last page the color of the wires you need to switch , if u can't figure it out pm me

No you can't program it to the home link , the unit that controls the selonoid is paired with the two remotes that came with the unit and does not operate on the same frequency ... dont lose or destroy them otherwise you will be buying a new unit .... lucky for us its not expensive as a one channel controller with two remotes is avalable on Amazon

Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 05-26-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:23 PM
jimy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dcasole
yes and no

Yes , u can set it to "start open" by opening up the black control unit and changing the wires on the selonoid. Your instructions that came with the NPP in a box will tell you on the last page the color of the wires you need to switch , if u can't figure it out pm me

No you can't program it to the home link , the unit that controls the selonoid is paired with the two remotes that came with the unit and does not operate on the same frequency ... dont lose or destroy them otherwise you will be buying a new unit .... lucky for us its not expensive as a one channel controller with two remotes is avalable on Amazon

Dave
When you say "start open", do you mean start open and stay open? Is that what changing the wires do?

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:31 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I have my homelink controlling the NPP, but its been so long I forget how I set it to do so. It obviously can be done though.

And yes, it can start and stay open. Instructions tell how to set it that way.

Last edited by realcanuk; 05-26-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by jimy
When you say "start open", do you mean start open and stay open? Is that what changing the wires do?

Thanks for the info.
Yep it will start open and stay open ...

Canuk says it can be programed ..... i never had any luck getting that to work and was told i could not but it looks like you can

Dave
Old 05-26-2017, 02:06 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Pretty sure I just followed the programming instructions in the manual. Keep in mind you need one button to open it and one to close it. Cant do both with same button.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:09 PM
jimy
Instructor

That makes sense. One to open, one to close and one for the garage door.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:42 AM
DDT01
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Homelink Controllin

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I have my homelink controlling the NPP, but its been so long I forget how I set it to do so. It obviously can be done though.

And yes, it can start and stay open. Instructions tell how to set it that way.
I am getting ready to install Exhaust Cutouts on a 2008 Base model and would like to control it from my Garage Door pushbuttons. I have not purchased the remote controller yet and was wondering what type you used or how you did it Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Headers and NPP

Quick Reply: Headers and NPP