C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Telescopic post...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:51 AM
56x
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Telescopic post...

Hello Everyone,
First off sorry for posting a repetitive issue but I need help solving my issue.
So my 2005 C6 telescopic does not move. It doesn't click or anything. I've tried the relearn method of moving the switch back and forth over 12 times and nothing. So I then removed the seat and checked for broken wires at the connectors and they look good. Seat went back in and I tore into the motor and switches. Both seem to test out ok. The only thing that I don't know is the spec for position sensor. I know the grey wire should have 5v and it does. Then the position sensor has 1.49v at the 7 pin connector in front of the seat when going from orange wire to ground. I'm not sure if that is in spec or out of spec? The small tan wire (low ref.) in that same connector has .1 ohms going back to the module and ground. Finally the thicker wires (orange and tan) have no voltage but have .5ohms each going back to the module. The motor side tests at 74ohms when going from orange to tan on the motor side of the circuit.
My best guess is that the module is shot but I'd like your opinion before I spend over $100 for a new/used one.
One other thing is that the seat works fine. I also have power and ground .

Last edited by 56x; 06-23-2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 07-08-2017, 01:34 PM
56x
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the issue. I used a Tech II and ran the column test and it worked. The previous owner told me he replaced the BCM just before he bought it so I'm guessing the column needed to be relearned but not sure why toggling the switch didn't work but all it matters is that it works.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Love my Tech ll

Get notified of new replies

To Another Telescopic post...

Quick Reply: Another Telescopic post...