C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when I hit the kick down the traction control disengages

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 11:17 AM
ESB-LS2
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default when I hit the kick down the traction control disengages

I have a 2005 corvette base a4 with Diablo 91 octane tune plus flowmaster mufflers and magnaflow cats. when I hit the kick down at any speed the traction control disengages and stays off until I shut engine off for more than 5 minutes. pushing the traction control button does not help. message" service traction control comes on ". I'm hesitant to go to dealer. anyone heard of this problem?
Old 08-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by ESB-LS2
I have a 2005 corvette base a4 with Diablo 91 octane tune plus flowmaster mufflers and magnaflow cats. when I hit the kick down at any speed the traction control disengages and stays off until I shut engine off for more than 5 minutes. pushing the traction control button does not help. message" service traction control comes on ". I'm hesitant to go to dealer. anyone heard of this problem?
there are many things that could trip that message , read the code it is setting ...that will at least point you in the right direction . if you don't have a code reader go to any auto parts store and they can read them for you

my guess ... and it's only a wild guess is that it is a wheel
speed sensor

Dave

Quick Reply: when I hit the kick down the traction control disengages