C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG super pro header install before/after video

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 11:06 AM
snakec6
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LG super pro header install

Installed LG super pro header system yesterday. 1-7/8" with cats. I did buy the Stage 8 locking header bolts and installed as well. You'll also see the tunnel plate has the Z cool shield from FRED @ specialty on it. Put a thermal wrap over starter and while in there I added new MSD wires with thermal sleeves and NGK plugs. Sounds phenomenal especially when rpm's are climbing. I'll upload video as soon as i can

Last edited by snakec6; 08-27-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:30 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Looks real clean -

Thanks,Matt
The following users liked this post:
snakec6 (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 01:21 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Nice job Snake, did the o2 sensors come out OK?
Fred also has some pieces that go alongside the tunnel shield that I just put on, they go below the shield, about 4" wide and 30" long, every little bit helps.
I cut them in thirds because with headers its too tight of a fit to do in 1 piece, that adhesive is so aggressive, makes it hard to get a long one in place before applying it. With the short pieces its doable.
Bobby
Old 08-27-2017, 08:52 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Nice job Snake, did the o2 sensors come out OK?
Fred also has some pieces that go alongside the tunnel shield that I just put on, they go below the shield, about 4" wide and 30" long, every little bit helps.
I cut them in thirds because with headers its too tight of a fit to do in 1 piece, that adhesive is so aggressive, makes it hard to get a long one in place before applying it. With the short pieces its doable.
Bobby
thanks! the sensors came out so easy actually i was surprised. i just put the manifold/cats in table vise and with not much force they came right out. The only part of the install that was a real pain was getting the right side header in. I had to take the two bolts out of the starter hold it aside and have one of the guys shove the header by it. aside from that, lining up the pipes and fitting everything right was a b*tch! oh, that's good to know! You're right anything does help.

The temp on my DIC got up to 220 after 15 minute drive so i didn't have a long trip on my before check. only got up to 72 in center console and 65 on left side of tunnel.

as soon as i can figure out how to upload video to this thread i will.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:29 PM
snakec6
Instructor

Here is the before/ after Video Link.

Get notified of new replies

To LG super pro header install before/after video

Quick Reply: LG super pro header install before/after video