C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer issue, Service ABS/Traction Control - No OBD2 scan

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Rudy88
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer issue, Service ABS/Traction Control - No OBD2 scan

I have a 2010 C6 and the other day the service abs/traction control warnings came on. I've tried to replicate it but it doesn't happen during normal driving for awhile. Today I hooked up my OBD2 scanner and it would never connect to scan but the abs/traction control warnings popped up immediately. I took it to advance auto to try their scanner and it did the exact same thing. I have a feeling this is computer related. Anyone have ideas where to start?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

You need a Tech II or equivalent scanner to read ABS/TC codes. Does your scanner connect to the car and see data ? If not, I would start checking fuses.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Rudy88
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
You need a Tech II or equivalent scanner to read ABS/TC codes. Does your scanner connect to the car and see data ? If not, I would start checking fuses.
I finally figured that out after doing a lot more reading. I have ordered a Pro Reader with ABS/SRS capabilites that should be here friday so hopefully I can find codes then. Another guy recommended fuses but all the ones I checked under the hood looked fine.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:28 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rudy88
I finally figured that out after doing a lot more reading. I have ordered a Pro Reader with ABS/SRS capabilites that should be here friday so hopefully I can find codes then. Another guy recommended fuses but all the ones I checked under the hood looked fine.
Check the fuse panel in the car as well.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Rudy88
8th Gear

Well I finally got out to pulling the fuses and they're all good. Service traction control and abs warning only appears if it just sits still for a bit or if I hook up my pro scanner and go to read the abs/srs it will start flashing immediately. Do I have a bad EBCM?
Old 09-05-2017, 05:48 PM
TedG
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This may not help, but I just had a major issue where the traction control service message would come up, but my car would die and the whole mess wasn't pretty.
Finally had to replace the ECM and tested it today and it seems to be okay. It would die if I let it idle in the heat for 40 minutes. But is was the ECM.
So here is my advice, get a clone Tech2 if you are trying to find the issue. You can get them for about $250 and it is the tool to have, the amount of info is really fantastic. It takes real time snapshots and you can look at every sensor in the car before and after the event.

Last edited by TedG; 09-05-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

I am not familiar with the pro scanner, is that a trade name ? If it has the ability to read live data see if you can read wheel speed sensors, ABS pump status, TC command, anything that has to do with the ABS/TC with the car running. If you can communicate and see the sensors then you might have a ground/battery problem. How old is the battery ?
Old 09-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Rudy88
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Patsgarage
I am not familiar with the pro scanner, is that a trade name ? If it has the ability to read live data see if you can read wheel speed sensors, ABS pump status, TC command, anything that has to do with the ABS/TC with the car running. If you can communicate and see the sensors then you might have a ground/battery problem. How old is the battery ?
I cannot connect to ecu to read data, I keep getting error messages. Battery is 6 years old but output is 12.7 volts with vehicle off.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Rudy88
8th Gear

I cannot connect to the ecu to read data, I keep getting an error message. Battery says 7/11 on it and the output is 12.7 volts when vehicle is off.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:23 PM
TedG
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I cannot connect to the ecu to read data, I keep getting an error message. Battery says 7/11 on it and the output is 12.7 volts when vehicle is off.
Make sure the ignition is on. It won't connect if off.
Also if the battery voltage is between 7 and 11 when on, make sure your headlights are turned off. It should be closer to 12. something when just on.

Last edited by TedG; 09-06-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:05 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Scroll thru the info screens to see if its reading the tpms. If one is dead, it will cause this message. It will show up in the screen as XX instead of a pressure reading. 2010 is time for new ones. If that turns out to be the problem, get all four to save yourself some trouble
Old 09-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

I would have the battery load tested, six years is pretty old in battery years.

Get notified of new replies

To Computer issue, Service ABS/Traction Control - No OBD2 scan

Quick Reply: Computer issue, Service ABS/Traction Control - No OBD2 scan