C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Lowering Bolts "Looking for feedback"

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:19 PM
ramaccc
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Aftermarket Lowering Bolts "Looking for feedback"

I realize this subject has been beat up however I'm needing to replace my OEM bolts as they have pretty much collapsed to nothing. I am down to 2 different choices and would really appreciate any feedback from those of you whom have installed either one. Would love to know how long you've had them on and any pros and cons.

Corvette Central Reproductions and VMS lowering bolts.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 09-09-2017, 01:02 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

The good thing about the "lowering bolts" is when the skinny pad dies, your alignment won't suffer much. The bad thing is the ride really sucks, because there is no cushion.

The reproduction "height adjustment bolts" from Corvette Central will probably need a die run over the threads, since their quality control appears to be non-existent. I just finished installing them yesterday.
The following users liked this post:
ramaccc (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 09:47 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 666 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
The reproduction "height adjustment bolts" from Corvette Central will probably need a die run over the threads, since their quality control appears to be non-existent. I just finished installing them yesterday.
On mine, the thick black paint on the threads appeared to be the main source of stiction. I regarded it as more of a feature than a bug.
The following users liked this post:
ramaccc (09-10-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket Lowering Bolts "Looking for feedback"

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Lowering Bolts "Looking for feedback"