C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 c6 driver door inoperable

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Jakejack
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 c6 driver door inoperable

Help! I have a 2005 c6, was driving home in bad rain storm, left car parked in driveway over night, came out the next day to get in and the driver door wouldn't open and the red light on top of door panel would stay alluminted. I got in through passenger side and started the car, the pass lock security light was on but car was running fine, driver door handle interior/exterior would not work, driver side window will not roll up or down or move when manually opening and closing door, also driver side mirror isn't working. From the drivers door I can roll down the passenger window, lock and unlock doors move passenger mirror and memory functions still work. After driving the car for about 10 minutes the security light went off. I removed driver door panel and checked all connections and everything seemed fine. I put door panel back on and the red light is off and will not light up at all now. Still no functions on driver door. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moving this to C6 Tech.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:52 PM
UTTVette
5th Gear

I assume you tried disconnecting the battery as well. Possibly check all your relays/fuses.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:44 AM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 445 Likes on 382 Posts

Oh boy, described fairly well.

First thought was over all power to the door, but the drv door is communicating with the pass door.

Battery disconnect is a cure all on the forum, so go ahead and try this reset, bit first see if any codes are stored.
I'd agree the obvious is to checks fuses and relays.
Not so obvious a pinched wire....has the driver door panel been off multiple times or the car in a collision?
Then water intrusion..can you find a leak at the hood seems or window rubber belt moulding? Did you drive through some deep puddles?

Hate to say maybe a BCM issue and require replacement and also this electrical tracing may require a shop to deduce.

Good hunting and let us know what the cause was.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Jakejack
2nd Gear

[QUOTE=Kenny94945;1595774324]Oh boy, described fairly well.

First thought was over all power to the door, but the drv door is communicating with the pass door.

Battery disconnect is a cure all on the forum, so go ahead and try this reset, bit first see if any codes are stored.
I'd agree the obvious is to checks fuses and relays.
Not so obvious a pinched wire....has the driver door panel been off multiple times or the car in a collision?
Then water intrusion..can you find a leak at the hood seems or window rubber belt moulding? Did you drive through some deep puddles?

Hate to say maybe a BCM issue and require replacement and also this electrical tracing may require a shop to deduce.

Good hunting and let us know what the cause was.

update, disconnected battery-nothing changed, checked all fuses and every fuse was fine. Removed door panel again and at the bottom of the door I did find some water droplets. I have traces wiring from door to fender and no wiring looks burned, broken or disconnected. But when I did start the car this time the pass lock light was back on, but only stayed on for about 5 minutes then shut off again. Also every time the pass lock light is on the car still starts and drives fine.... I have a feeling this is going to be costly! Thanks for the replays everyone!
Old 07-20-2021, 07:58 PM
jonling94
3rd Gear

Sorry to dig up this old post, but did you ever find the cause? I have the same issue
Old 08-10-2021, 07:40 PM
jjelwell
2nd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

I also have this issue, except on the passenger side. ANY input would be great!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 c6 driver door inoperable

Quick Reply: 2005 c6 driver door inoperable