C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 07:46 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

This is what I did on mine I adapted a brushless fan into the factory C6 housing. Took a little bit of work but it fits right in. The brushless fan draws less current and cools pretty good and still allows air to free flow through at higher speeds.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:57 PM
FelixAC
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by double06
This is what I did on mine I adapted a brushless fan into the factory C6 housing. Took a little bit of work but it fits right in. The brushless fan draws less current and cools pretty good and still allows air to free flow through at higher speeds.

Very nice
Which radiator do You use for replace?
Old 03-09-2018, 06:28 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

I have a Dewitts radiator so the factory shroud slips right in. Basically this is the factory shroud with the top inch or so cut out and the brushless fan just slips in the hole and I made 4 mounting brackets to match the new brushless fan mounts.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:43 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Here is what was cut out.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:17 AM
FelixAC
Heel & Toe

I have a Dewitts radiator so the factory shroud slips right in. Basically this is the factory shroud with the top inch or so cut out and the brushless fan just slips in the hole and I made 4 mounting brackets to match the new brushless fan mounts.
Looks good
and which brushless fan do You use?
Old 03-10-2018, 07:43 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

The fan is a Spal ABL 309 I think or a 322.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:48 AM
FelixAC
Heel & Toe

Thanks, then I will wit on the Mishimoto fan, I think would work good together.
On my last car I have one from Mishimoto, was a realy great one.
Hope they make soon one for the C6 :-D
Old 03-12-2018, 07:42 AM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by FelixAC

Interested in Mishi price targets. Group buy?
Old 03-12-2018, 09:14 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FelixAC
Always glad to hear from a happy customer! We don't have definite plans for a fan shroud just yet, but it is something that we are going to look into once we get our loaner 'Vette back in

Originally Posted by 05 Wreck

Interested in Mishi price targets. Group buy?
It's still a little early to release any pricing details, but we will have a discounted presale once the new rads are on the way to the warehouse. We're still a few months out on that, but I will definitely make sure to give you a heads up once we get closer

-Nick
Old 03-20-2018, 09:08 AM
BT03mach-1
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The fan is a Spal ABL 309 I think or a 322.
How did you connect it? the signal wire?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:21 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to bump this up and let you guys know we're still plugging away at this project! I'll have a blog update for you guys coming this week, and our loaner Z06 is coming to visit again tomorrow, and this time it's an extended stay on the dyno

-Nick
Old 04-19-2018, 10:17 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Hey Guys!

Happy Thursday! As promised, I have some more content for you guys coming hot from our Engineering Blog

I don't have to explain to you guys the extended pedigree that comes along with the Corvette badge. You live it every time that you get behind the wheel. I'm sure many of you also know that the cooling system that was installed from the factory in the C6 isn't exactly the greatest.

One would assume that with the sheer size of the V8's Chevy equipped in the C6 that the radiators' size would match. It was almost the opposite story once we peeled back the shrouding on our loaned Z06.

Make sure you head over the the Engineering Blog to get a full look at the C6's stock cooling system!

And, as always, feel free to shoot me any comments questions or concerns you might have!

-Nick
The following users liked this post:
IansInGarage (04-19-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 11:11 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Any word on if you will have an integrated EOC and TOC version (as a drop-in replacement for Z51 optioned cars)??
HC Mechanic (04-24-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 11:39 PM
Beef97
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
Any word on if you will have an integrated EOC and TOC version (as a drop-in replacement for Z51 optioned cars)??
Yep I’m interested also!
HC Mechanic (04-24-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Ahrmike
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 145 Posts

please send me info on a presale as well. My last 2 cars have had mishimoto rads and I've been satisfied both times. Hell, on one of them I would literally see the temp ticking down as I was coasting downhill. It pulled enough heat that once you heat the car up at idle, the fans would kick off very quickly after turning on.

One thing I did notice though, is that the fan mount points are always slightly off if you use the OEM fan. I've had to bend the mounts or redrill on both. I guess its a weld + pulling issue?
Old 04-24-2018, 04:57 AM
HC Mechanic
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Beef97
Yep I’m interested also!
Same
Old 04-24-2018, 10:45 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Beef97
Yep I’m interested also!
Originally Posted by HC Mechanic
Same
Just out of curiosity, what years are your C6's? Also are all of you running with an auto trans? We've mostly been basing our design off of the Z06 rad, but we want to make sure that we can get those of you with the Z51 in the fitment range

Originally Posted by Ahrmike
please send me info on a presale as well. My last 2 cars have had mishimoto rads and I've been satisfied both times. Hell, on one of them I would literally see the temp ticking down as I was coasting downhill. It pulled enough heat that once you heat the car up at idle, the fans would kick off very quickly after turning on.

One thing I did notice though, is that the fan mount points are always slightly off if you use the OEM fan. I've had to bend the mounts or redrill on both. I guess its a weld + pulling issue?
Always glad to hear from a happy customer!

Also thanks for pointing that out! Definitely something I can make sure that our engineering team is aware of

-Nick
Ahrmike (04-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:07 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

2005 Z51 6MT

Will the OEM fans/shroud still be able to be used? You guys like to over engineer OEM fan shrouds out and mandate aftermarket slim fans on some applications.
sallen619 (04-25-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

You will need to offer the options of the transmission and engine oil coolers on your C6 radiators. The Z06 guys have run into the issue of the air oil cooler can work too good and in colder weather and normal driving the engine oil never heats up enough. They then just use the Z51 hose to the radiator that has the engine oil cooler in it. In fact in 2009 or so GM got rid of the air cooler idea and put the engine oil cooler by the oil filter with a water cooled system.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:24 AM
0Mishimoto
Former Vendor

2005 Z51 6MT

Will the OEM fans/shroud still be able to be used? You guys like to over engineer OEM fan shrouds out and mandate aftermarket slim fans on some applications.
Yup these are currently designed to work with the OEM fans, and that's what we've been running with for our testing. We were planning on investigating a new fan shroud as well but decided to stick with the stock fan.

You will need to offer the options of the transmission and engine oil coolers on your C6 radiators. The Z06 guys have run into the issue of the air oil cooler can work too good and in colder weather and normal driving the engine oil never heats up enough. They then just use the Z51 hose to the radiator that has the engine oil cooler in it. In fact in 2009 or so GM got rid of the air cooler idea and put the engine oil cooler by the oil filter with a water cooled system.
Thanks for the insight! I'll pass that info along to our engineering team!

-Nick

Quick Reply: Mishimoto Performance Radiator Thread