C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced engine power, TPS, Gas pedal position sensor...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 04:42 PM
LS3_Beast
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Reduced engine power, TPS, Gas pedal position sensor...

Bad Gad Pedal position sensor/ Throttle body position sensor

2008 Z06 H/C/I... was driving home on the freeway and all of a sudden my gas pedal did not work anymore at all. My "reduced engine power" light came on along with the "service traction control" light and "check engine" light... The car got 2 codes P2122 and P2127. Both codes have to do with the "throttle/pedal position sensor." Code P2127 says "Switch "E" circuit low input" and code P2122 says "Switch "D" circuit low input." The car turns right on and idles perfectly fine and smooth, however the gas pedal will not work at all when I press it. I got the car home (at 10mph) by putting it in 1st gear and letting off the clutch, the car accelerated by itself since the gas pedal is not working at all. I then went into 2nd gear and 3rd was the highest gear the car would allow without stalling...
Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2017, 07:13 PM
LS3_Beast
Instructor

Default Problem fixed!!!

Disregard! I fixed it. It was the accelerator position sensor GM Part# 25835421. This sensor comes as a whole assembly with the gas pedal. Car is as good as new and no more dash lights. Hope this helps others with the same issue! Cheers
The following users liked this post:
Silver c6 z-51 (02-05-2024)
Old 12-15-2017, 08:08 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

That would have been my suggestion but you beat me to it. Have fun.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:01 AM
LS3_Beast
Instructor

Originally Posted by RicK T
That would have been my suggestion but you beat me to it. Have fun.
Thank you, yea it literally took 5 minutes to swap out the accelerator. Cleared the codes and bam!!! Shes as good as new.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:00 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I wonder if it was just the connector?

Never seen a pedal go bad.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:31 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

It does go bad, happened to me in/around Albany. Didn't go to 10mph, but it sure slowed me down on the highway. Fortunately, dealer was nearby, and had the part. On my way in less than an hour. Apparently, there's two sensor on the pedal assembly, and if one goes, it just makes sense to replace the whole assembly vs. waiting for the other one to go, if ever.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Car78412
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It went out on my 13’. Had to replace the whole assembly also.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:10 AM
ferdthe4
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate throttle by wire, my biggest gripes about my C6 so far is just all the electronic garbage. Electric door handles, throttle by wire, the mother f*ing keyless start fob, and push button start. Guess I'm just to used to old school before I got my 08 vette. Never had to crawl into any car from the back cause a dead battery before until this thing. Wish the doors had real handles that would stay unlocked if you leave it unlocked. I think at some point I'm due for accelerator pedal can't remember a while back mine threw the codes for either the throttle body or the accelerator pedal cleared them haven't had them since. But still have kind of weird idle sometimes, and random throttle changes while just cruising or coasting down. If they'd just use a darn cable like what worked for decades before. I get why they have gone electronic that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:43 AM
Ashleyant
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2003 chevy avalanche 1500 is saying reduced engine power

If i just replace the foot pedal sensor without the whole assembly can it still cause reduced engine power??

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced engine power, TPS, Gas pedal position sensor...

Quick Reply: Reduced engine power, TPS, Gas pedal position sensor...