C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIP-5037 master cylinder

Old 12-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Jrock817
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PIP-5037 master cylinder

so i lost my clutch after a minor fender bender, and i replaced the fluid, but still no clutch. it has been brought to my attention that there is a TSB for this problem. i call the dealerships close to me, one guy said GM wont pay for it, its a TSB not a recall, and another dealership said that unless the clutch pedal is physically imoveable to the floor, they wont cover it. this leaves me to the choice that i should just get a new master cylinder, and have a mom and pop shop replace it. another thing the guy from place 1 said is that i have a 2013, and it only covered 2008-2012. any suggestions?
Old 12-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,005 Likes on 2,168 Posts

Read this link and understand that the end plunger of the master cylinder can fall off on the old design, and what the recall on the master cylinder was all about.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pressure.html

Hence the new improved master cylinders end plungers do not pop off isntead.

If this is the problem with the end plunger popped off on the master cylinder, then GM will replace the master cyclinder for free.

If the problem is not the end plunger that has popped off the end of the rod in the master cylinder, then the problem is not the recall problem isntead.

Hence pull the clutch pedal assisted spring and just pump the pedal by hand a few times. If the plunger is still on the rod, you will feel it even if there is air in the lines, while if the plunger has popped off, there will be no resistance as you pump the pedal by hand isntead.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:29 AM
Jrock817
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

so, I remove the spring, and if there is any resistance to the clutch, my plunger should be ok, if it is just all floppy, I can bring it to the dealer and likely have the recall taken care of? thank you for the reply!

Get notified of new replies

To PIP-5037 master cylinder

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PIP-5037 master cylinder